All About Home Addresses

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Would you use an address that you do not stay in, just to get priority in P1 registration?

No
67%
Yes
33%

Total votes: 907

tecko82
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Home Addresses

Post by tecko82 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Can we register one phase 2B under one address and if our child don’t get the slot , change our IC and register for phase 2C under a different address and for a different school?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:210

Post by floppy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:21 pm

tecko82 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:17 pm
Can we register one phase 2B under one address and if our child don’t get the slot , change our IC and register for phase 2C under a different address and for a different school?
Can... but you would need a very good explanation how / why that happen.

Remember, the ones administering the registration are civil servants. Pursuant to section 177 of the Penal Code, when a person is legally bound to provide information to the authorities but deliberately offers false information instead, he may become liable for a fine, imprisonment or both. Lying about your particulars to civil servants, therefore, could land you in hot soup.

Pinkretro
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Pinkretro » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:46 pm

got in phase 2B but there’s no priority admission . my family no need to live current address for at least 30 months ? Am I right?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:210

Post by floppy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Pinkretro wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:46 pm
got in phase 2B but there’s no priority admission . my family no need to live current address for at least 30 months ? Am I right?
As long as there’s no ballot in that phase for your school.

ggbaby55
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ggbaby55 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi all,
If my child is admitted in 2C category not because of the home distance to school but because she is SC (the school 2C category only balloting for PR within 1km), can I move house to slightly further than 2km?
Anyone can advise?

Davischew
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by Davischew » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:49 pm

ggbaby55 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:41 pm
Hi all,
If my child is admitted in 2C category not because of the home distance to school but because she is SC (the school 2C category only balloting for PR within 1km), can I move house to slightly further than 2km?
Anyone can advise?
Yes you can move anywhere since your address was not used for priority admission, your citizenship was used.

ggbaby55
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ggbaby55 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:04 pm

Thanks Davischew for sharing the information.

kit_SG
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by kit_SG » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm

curious:
I will get admission for my child in 2C as we are within 1-2KM of the school. Above 2km is being balloted.
So I guess we got in using distance priority.
We are planning to move in closer to the school (walking distance).
is moving closer (from >1KM to <1KM) also against the MOE rule?
as I understood the staying for 30 months at the original address is to stop parents from moving away, while they got the admission using the nearer distance.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:127

Post by zac's mum » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Moving within same distance category or nearer is fine

Celng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Celng » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am

when does the 30 months rule start from? From phase 1 of pri 1 registration or from the phase you are applying?
Also, any prediction on when pri 1 registration in 2020 (next year) will be? thanks