All About Home Addresses

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Would you use an address that you do not stay in, just to get priority in P1 registration?

No
67%
Yes
33%

Total votes: 895

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: All About Home Addresses

Post by Davischew » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 am

Celng wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am
when does the 30 months rule start from? From phase 1 of pri 1 registration or from the phase you are applying?
Also, any prediction on when pri 1 registration in 2020 (next year) will be? thanks
usually start end of jun/early jul. 30 months from phase 1.
just estimate until end of P2 will be safe.
below is from MOE this year.

--------------------------------------
The address used for P1 registration must be on the parents’ NRICs.
If your address is successfully used for priority admission, your family must live there for at least 30 months from the start of P1 registration on 3 July 2019. If not, your child may be transferred to another school with vacancies.
----------------------------
Phase 1
You have another child currently studying at your preferred school.
Note: All children registered under this phase are guaranteed places in the schools.
KEY DATES

Registration at school
Wednesday, 3 July 2019 to Thursday, 4 July 2019 (from 8am to 11am and from 2.30pm to 4.30pm)
----------------------------------

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 am

Celng wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am
when does the 30 months rule start from? From phase 1 of pri 1 registration or from the phase you are applying?
Also, any prediction on when pri 1 registration in 2020 (next year) will be? thanks
See MOE website. All your queries are addressed there.

P1 registration more or less follows the same window year after year. The answer to your second question will depend on which phase you are talking about.

extacy2508
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by extacy2508 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:44 am

Not sure if this question has been asked before, if the address on my NRIC is different from my husband, can I elect to use either parents' address? I'm asking as I'm planning for my husband and I to own one property each in our individual names.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:09 pm

extacy2508 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:44 am
Not sure if this question has been asked before, if the address on my NRIC is different from my husband, can I elect to use either parents' address? I'm asking as I'm planning for my husband and I to own one property each in our individual names.
It doesn't seems to be able to work this way. You can have many properties under your name/s, but NRIC address is the one you are staying at. Unless both of you stay in different addresses for valid reasons, else should be same.
If valid reasons for staying at different addresses, the address used must be the one that the Child is staying at.
Make sense?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:35 pm

Davischew wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:09 pm
extacy2508 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:44 am
It doesn't seems to be able to work this way. You can have many properties under your name/s, but NRIC address is the one you are staying at. Unless both of you stay in different addresses for valid reasons, else should be same.
If valid reasons for staying at different addresses, the address used must be the one that the Child is staying at.
Make sense?
Agreed.

And to add on...the DEFAULT address used by MOE is the child’s father’s NRIC address. U may need to give supporting docs if u want to indicate child is staying at Mother’s NRIC address.

extacy2508
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by extacy2508 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Thanks for this advice Davischew and Zac's mum!

ivana2202
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ivana2202 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi, I have a question, sorry if this was asked before. I saw this from MOE website. I have a property that has been tenanted until November 2020 and I intend to use that address to register for P1 registration on July 2020. Can I do that? We will move in right after the tenant left, which is Dec 2020.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:69

Post by Estéema » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:19 pm

ivana2202 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi, I have a question, sorry if this was asked before. I saw this from MOE website. I have a property that has been tenanted until November 2020 and I intend to use that address to register for P1 registration on July 2020. Can I do that? We will move in right after the tenant left, which is Dec 2020.
If your tenant did not use the address for Pri sch registration, that shld be OK. You’ll hv to check with tenant. Alternatively, if yr tenant had completed 30 mth residence and ready to move for u to to use address.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:52 pm

ivana2202 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

See this pic. MOE says “The address used for P1 registration must be on the parents’ NRICs”.

If u are not (yet) living at the property, your NRIC will not reflect the address.

The only exceptions allowed (see the same pic) are: if using caregiver’s address, or if using a new or resale property’s address. Your situation is neither of these.

ivana2202
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ivana2202 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Thank you both Esteema and zac's mum for the advice! I'd better be safe and live there from the start of the p1 registration date.