All About Home Addresses

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Would you use an address that you do not stay in, just to get priority in P1 registration?

No
67%
Yes
33%

Total votes: 895

ivana2202
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Home Addresses

Post by ivana2202 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 pm

Thank you both Esteema and zac's mum for the advice! I'd better be safe and live there from the start of the p1 registration date.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:45 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:52 pm
ivana2202 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi, I have a question, sorry if this was asked before. I saw this from MOE website. I have a property that has been tenanted until November 2020 and I intend to use that address to register for P1 registration on July 2020. Can I do that? We will move in right after the tenant left, which is Dec 2020.
See this pic. MOE says “The address used for P1 registration must be on the parents’ NRICs”.

If u are not (yet) living at the property, your NRIC will not reflect the address.

The only exceptions allowed (see the same pic) are: if using caregiver’s address, or if using a new or resale property’s address. Your situation is neither of these.

Since you are going back to stay before P1 starts, it is legitimate. The situation is very similar to buying a resale / new property. If really need to rent until Dec, call MOE to check. I think it is doable since it is legitimate.

ivana2202
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ivana2202 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:45 am

JTS
My husband sent an email to MOE yesterday and this is their reply.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:32 pm

ivana2202 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:45 am

JTS
My husband sent an email to MOE yesterday and this is their reply.
Great!

joosoufool
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by joosoufool » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:34 am

Hey guys, was wondering if there is an ULTIMATE kiasu school enrollment strategy @ Phase 2C (parent has no PV, no connections), assuming you are able to buy ANY property in Singapore? Hope someone can entertain me here...

I've done some analysis, and i came up with this:
Live within 1km of ALL Tao Nan, Ngee Ann, St Stephens

2C register for tao nan (within 1km, 60-70% chance?)
if fail
2C (S) go for ngee ann (which is the "best" school left over in 2C (S) )

if really fail

Phase 3 go into St Stephens, which is best emergency backup at phase 3.

What do you guys think?

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 am

joosoufool wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:34 am
Hey guys, was wondering if there is an ULTIMATE kiasu school enrollment strategy @ Phase 2C (parent has no PV, no connections), assuming you are able to buy ANY property in Singapore? Hope someone can entertain me here...

I've done some analysis, and i came up with this:
Live within 1km of ALL Tao Nan, Ngee Ann, St Stephens

2C register for tao nan (within 1km, 60-70% chance?)
if fail
2C (S) go for ngee ann (which is the "best" school left over in 2C (S) )

if really fail

Phase 3 go into St Stephens, which is best emergency backup at phase 3.

What do you guys think?
Firstly, your plan hinges on Ngee Ann availability in Phase 2CS, which is by no way guaranteed. This year is the only time it has places for Phase 2Cs since 2012.

Secondly, assuming you are prepared to consider other schools in Phase 2C, you don't really have many choices. In terms of 'quality's, you have basically one - Tao Nan. Therefore, your plan can also be called "Tao Nan or bust".

In summary, this is a terrible plan.
If you are going to go through all that effort (buy any house, shift, etc), you would want:
1. Something more or less guaranteed
2. Multiple options
3. Quality options

The ultimate (?) place to purchase a property for the sole purpose of P1 registration (no alumni, no PV, no GRL etc) would be within 1km of ACSP, ACSJ and SJIJ. Within 1km for Phase 2C, you are almost guaranteed a spot in 1 of those 3 schools. All 3 schools are of similar standard, highly sough and have affiliation to their sec school.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:48 am

If, like as Floppy says, Ngee Ann has no places left for 2CS usually, then essentially uR plan only has 2 schools:
2C Tao Nan - confirm balloting
2CS St Stephens
(Note that phase 3 is for foreigners. If SC fail at phase 2CS then MOE will assign u a school, no choice).

In the other plan (which plenty of people are using, btw), u get a guaranteed spot at 2C (realistically speaking, guaranteed at SJIJ only).
If u want to ballot at 2C, like above, then the 2CS backup could be BTPS or FPPS.

But with the added advantage of affiliation to 2 secondary schools (each) - valuable as a safety net - who knows whether my typical boy is going to score well for PSLE or not - likely the latter, at least got a Express/NA/NT Secondary school willing to give him discount.

Unless u are very very sure that you boy needs a verrrrry challenging curriculum and will thrive at Tao Nan.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:04 am

Just to add, in the other plan, it is also workable for girls (in case someone has both boy / girl).

Eg. Trilight (no budget issue right? :wink: ) is within 1 km of ACSP, ACSJ and SJIJ. It is within 2km of both SCGS and SMPS. Out of 2km but not that far away, there’s RGPS. In any given year, at least one of those 3 schools would be a shoo-in (usually SMPS).

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 am

Hmm...if Trilight qualifies then maybe putting downpayment for the recent launching Pullman Residences (former Dunearn Gardens) would be a good deal...

Use the OTP of uncompleted property and retain current home address as backup registration plan...

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by floppy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am

zac's mum wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 am
Hmm...if Trilight qualifies then maybe putting downpayment for the recent launching Pullman Residences (former Dunearn Gardens) would be a good deal...

Use the OTP of uncompleted property and retain current home address as backup registration plan...
Well, if budget is no issue, Pullman Residences is only going for ~$2.5k psf :rotflmao: