All About Home Addresses

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Would you use an address that you do not stay in, just to get priority in P1 registration?

No
67%
Yes
33%

Total votes: 907

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:90

Re: All About Home Addresses

Post by Estéema » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:28 pm

JWS wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:15 pm
Hi everyone,

I am sure this question has been asked before but with the number of pages reaching 200 even the search function has not been able to help me here.

Anyway my question/situation is:

If I rent a place within 1km of the school I wish to enrol my child into and we are successful in 2C with the address used as the admitting factor (so no parent volunteering etc) would I be allowed to then buy a place that still remains within that 1km radius and move there for the mandatory 30 month period. We would definitely be staying within 1km and it may even be within the same building. However, would that be allowed?

I wonder if anyone has had experience with this.

Thanks in advance.
Yes. So long as both the rental unit is used as 1km priority admission & yr subsequent purchase falls within the 1-km OneMap School Query definition, it is allowed. You’ll need to update the school once u purchase & stay in new address. Yr child’s school communication letters will be sent to the address you’ve declared. So, don’t tt anything outside ofvrefukations & be found. :evil:

JWS
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by JWS » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:42 pm

Estéema wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:28 pm
JWS wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:15 pm
Hi everyone,

I am sure this question has been asked before but with the number of pages reaching 200 even the search function has not been able to help me here.

Anyway my question/situation is:

If I rent a place within 1km of the school I wish to enrol my child into and we are successful in 2C with the address used as the admitting factor (so no parent volunteering etc) would I be allowed to then buy a place that still remains within that 1km radius and move there for the mandatory 30 month period. We would definitely be staying within 1km and it may even be within the same building. However, would that be allowed?

I wonder if anyone has had experience with this.

Thanks in advance.
Yes. So long as both the rental unit is used as 1km priority admission & yr subsequent purchase falls within the 1-km OneMap School Query definition, it is allowed. You’ll need to update the school once u purchase & stay in new address. Yr child’s school communication letters will be sent to the address you’ve declared. So, don’t tt anything outside ofvrefukations & be found. :evil:
Many thanks for the speedy reply. That is good to know. We will definitely be staying within 1km and everything will all be above board.

Thanks again!

Celng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Celng » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am

:xedfingers:
Last edited by Celng on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

:rahrah:
Last edited by Celng on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Celng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

if we have 2 properties, can we use 1 property address for say phase 2B and another for phase 2C if the child dont get in for phase 2B?

firstda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by firstda » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 am

Celng wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am
if we have 2 properties, can we use 1 property address for say phase 2B and another for phase 2C if the child dont get in for phase 2B?
The school will base on the address in your NRIC

freezeny
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by freezeny » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi there, may I know if the school will require both parents' IC to have the same address? Can I register my child using my IC (address A) for Phase 2B and if I fail, I will register with my husband's IC (address B) for Phase 2C? Thank you!

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:126

Post by zac's mum » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:15 pm

freezeny wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm
Hi there, may I know if the school will require both parents' IC to have the same address? Can I register my child using my IC (address A) for Phase 2B and if I fail, I will register with my husband's IC (address B) for Phase 2C? Thank you!
The default address that the school will look at is the child’s father’s IC address.

If not using the child’s father’s IC address, be prepared to provide documentary evidence to explain why the child is not living with him.

freezeny
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by freezeny » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:17 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:15 pm
freezeny wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:51 pm
The default address that the school will look at is the child’s father’s IC address.

If not using the child’s father’s IC address, be prepared to provide documentary evidence to explain why the child is not living with him.
Thank you!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:90

Post by Estéema » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:00 pm

To be more accurate, MOE requires BOTH parents’ I/C to be submitted at point of chid’s P1 Registration. Once u try to use 2 diff addresses to register, u’ll hv explaining to do. Always refer to official MOE website.

https://beta.moe.gov.sg/primary/p1-regi ... ster/?pt=1