All About Home Addresses

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Would you use an address that you do not stay in, just to get priority in P1 registration?

No
67%
Yes
33%

Total votes: 907

NardNegoy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: 2019 P1 Registration Exercise for 2020 In-take

Post by NardNegoy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 pm

Hello everyone, my family will be renting a place near the school for the purpose of applying in Phase 2B. Just two questions:

1) For the purpose of distance-based balloting, are we supposed to change the address on our ICs to that on the Tenancy Agreement? Or will the Tenancy Agreement alone suffice? I want to make sure I am following the right procedures.

2) What is the technical date by which we should have our home addresses? For instance, using this year's registration starting date as an example (3 July 2019), does that mean I only need to be at the address by end June? Or is there an earlier date, such as end May?

Thank you very much!

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:90

Post by Estéema » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:26 pm

NardNegoy wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:03 pm
Hello everyone, my family will be renting a place near the school for the purpose of applying in Phase 2B. Just two questions:

1) For the purpose of distance-based balloting, are we supposed to change the address on our ICs to that on the Tenancy Agreement? Or will the Tenancy Agreement alone suffice? I want to make sure I am following the right procedures.

2) What is the technical date by which we should have our home addresses? For instance, using this year's registration starting date as an example (3 July 2019), does that mean I only need to be at the address by end June? Or is there an earlier date, such as end May?

Thank you very much!
For yr Qn 1), yr TA & SP in yr name shld suffice for address change. You need yr TA/SP doc to show at Police Post to change new address on i/c. You need to change address in yr I/c to reflect address that is within 1km on the day you Register yr child in the respective Phase. Once u successfully register for P1, you’ll need to reside in the address u successfully registered for min 30 mths. Communication Letters will be sent to this new address. Both spouses i/c need to reflect same address. I’ve witness a parent told to align address before closing hours for registration & present both i/c in order to register their child. Abv only responding to yr intent to rent. Purchasing new homes ano process.

Hope this helps.

NardNegoy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by NardNegoy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:14 am

Estéema wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:26 pm
For yr Qn 1), yr TA & SP in yr name shld suffice for address change. You need yr TA/SP doc to show at Police Post to change new address on i/c. You need to change address in yr I/c to reflect address that is within 1km on the day you Register yr child in the respective Phase. Once u successfully register for P1, you’ll need to reside in the address u successfully registered for min 30 mths. Communication Letters will be sent to this new address. Both spouses i/c need to reflect same address. I’ve witness a parent told to align address before closing hours for registration & present both i/c in order to register their child. Abv only responding to yr intent to rent. Purchasing new homes ano process.

Hope this helps.
Got it, thanks for the reply! :)