First day of primary school

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

First day of primary school

Postby wet » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:53 pm

for those whose first kid is going to primary 1, don't forget to capture the moments with your camera or whatever super recording devices you have. here's some of mine of my kid's first day in primary school in 2006.

My son in his first school uniform... i don't remember ever seeing it so white and clean since.

yeah... that's his kiasu mummy going up the schoolbus with him :D

look at all the parents hovering in the background. kind of like the zoo.. except our own children are the exhibits. i think there are more parents than kids! will he know how to buy his own food? will he make friends? these are the typical worries of us kiasu parents. but the school has assigned older primary students (the old birds) to act as mentors for groups of the green kids, to help them find their way around, so our worries are really for naught.

Anyone else has picture or stories to tell about their children's first day in primary school?

wet
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby super_dad » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:51 am

Interesting topic. Hmm, didn't capture my girl's first day in school. But I remembered that she was cool about it, and didn't cry or anything. That was due to having gotten used to K1, K2. I think it must be pretty exciting, getting to meet new friends and all. And also that fierce teacher.

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phantom » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:11 pm

I didn't actually capture my kid first day back to school since I have to work and did not bring him to school. But think he is not used to it after a long holiday the last time round. Will see how he do this coming term :lol:

phantom
Site Admin

Postby Jeremy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:26 pm

My Son 1st day was exciting & we as parents are equally excited too. Keep wondering how is he adapting to the new school, friends & teacher. I took a few shots & video clips & i guess in 20 years time, it will be a great clip for him to view:)

Jeremy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Jeremy wrote:My Son 1st day was exciting & we as parents are equally excited too. Keep wondering how is he adapting to the new school, friends & teacher. I took a few shots & video clips & i guess in 20 years time, it will be a great clip for him to view:)

No pictures? Hey... it is the pictures of the kiasu parents (us) I want to see :wink:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jeremy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:31 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
No pictures? Hey... it is the pictures of the kiasu parents (us) I want to see :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11279&page=1&id=605808733

Jeremy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby super_dad » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi Jeremy....good looking kid you have there :)

super_dad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jeremy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:57 pm

super_dad wrote:Hi Jeremy....good looking kid you have there :)
Thks Bro...My stress level is beginning to rise lol. Received a list of words for spelling for the nxt 8 weeks :shock: Every week once. 10 words each week for the 1st 2 weeks, follow by 10 sentence per week. phew Its not easy for them i guess.

Jeremy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby phantom » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:04 am

Jeremy wrote:
Thks Bro...My stress level is beginning to rise lol. Received a list of words for spelling for the nxt 8 weeks :shock: Every week once. 10 words each week for the 1st 2 weeks, follow by 10 sentence per week. phew Its not easy for them i guess.

Wow, it seems like more work for the parents than the kid. Mine is going into primary school in 3 years time, I suppose I need to prepare myself for such shock. How is this primary school that your son is attending?

phantom
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:29 am

Jeremy wrote:

You think that's bad huh? That's just the appetizer. Soon you are going to have to deal with Chinese TingXie - same deal - 10 words or phrases per week.

And then you have to deal with Show & Tell, where children will be graded in terms of content, presentation, and delivery (exact breakdown of grading provided). For BOTH Chinese and English. You think the kids can do it by themselves and hope to pass? No way Jose. Parents are EXPECTED to help the kids with all these learning and preparations.

So you tell me... can parents afford not to find ways of helping their kids (and themselves)?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration