2017 P1 Registration Exercise for 2018 In-Take

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Re: 2017 P1 Registration Exercise for 2018 In-Take

Postby bagabunny » Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 pm

sky minecrafter wrote:
bagabunny wrote:Your child is in fairfield too?

NHPS

More pros for Mgs? I'm jus for seeing myself like a mad woman with diff schedules n stuff, but DS will continue to take sch bus while I send DD.

bagabunny
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sky minecrafter » Wed May 17, 2017 12:44 pm

bagabunny wrote:
sky minecrafter wrote:
bagabunny wrote:Your child is in fairfield too?

NHPS

More pros for Mgs? I'm jus for seeing myself like a mad woman with diff schedules n stuff, but DS will continue to take sch bus while I send DD.

1) MGS sets high standards for their exam papers. Am especially impressed with their Chinese papers. 2) You'd have affiliation to MGS Sec (recent COP, awesome). It's as if buying education insurance all the way to uni!

sky minecrafter
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TwinstarsMummy » Wed May 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Wondering how many of you would be submitting via the ONLINE method or the HARDCOPY method (direct to school)?
Is there a difference besides convenience ? Understand some would monitor the 1st few days of that Phase than submit towards last day

TwinstarsMummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby qms » Wed May 17, 2017 5:56 pm

TwinstarsMummy wrote:Wondering how many of you would be submitting via the ONLINE method or the HARDCOPY method (direct to school)?
Is there a difference besides convenience ? Understand some would monitor the 1st few days of that Phase than submit towards last day

Online registration starts and ends one day earlier than direct school registration. So, if you plan to monitor the school's registration status and register on the last day of the phase, obviously you will need to register directly at the school.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby floppy » Wed May 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Plus, online registration is open for P2C and P2CS only.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwinstarsMummy » Thu May 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Yup, I'm under that Phase.
Cos I'm registering by proximity.

TwinstarsMummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: 2016 P1 Registration Exercise for 2017 In-Take

Postby singhao » Sat May 20, 2017 1:08 am

soni01 wrote:hi I'm planning to put my daughter in TKPS next year in P1 . I've heard some positive things about that school but would like to hear from anyone that give me some feedback on the school interns of the teachers , the principal and if there is any bullying and how are conflicts dealt with in the school?, I've heard its a good cultural mix there...Any HONEST feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there. I was shortlisting TKPS due to ease of getting a spot in the school (for SC) and its excellent football team, but changed my mind after learning that the school will be moving to a holding location in Bedok South for a few years to prepare for single session.

singhao
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby singhao » Sat May 20, 2017 1:20 am

Pop-pop wrote:Hi everyone,

Im glad i found this thread.
First Child boy
Schools : SJI (2B) and ACS (2C) both are less than 1km.
My hub prefers ACSP any thoughts? which one should i go for?
Any advice?
:thankyou:

Hi there! Will be trying for ACSP for P2C as I am less than 1km to ACSP but between 1 and 2km to SJI. No real alternatives for me unfortunately!

Just wondering, if ACSP goes to ballot and I don't get a place, what is the procedure to get on waitlist, and will the school consider my son's talent in football when awarding places to people in the waitlist? My son trains/plays with older kids in a soccer academy's elite team.

singhao
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Lohsuisui » Mon May 22, 2017 2:35 am

Hi all

We are SC and thinking of registrating SAJ under phrase 2B . We have been with AnglicAn church for more than 10 years . But we stay more than 2 km . What is the Chances like for us to get in ? Thanks

Lohsuisui
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby galaxyraider » Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 am

singhao wrote:
Pop-pop wrote:Hi everyone,

Im glad i found this thread.
First Child boy
Schools : SJI (2B) and ACS (2C) both are less than 1km.
My hub prefers ACSP any thoughts? which one should i go for?
Any advice?
:thankyou:

Hi there! Will be trying for ACSP for P2C as I am less than 1km to ACSP but between 1 and 2km to SJI. No real alternatives for me unfortunately!

Just wondering, if ACSP goes to ballot and I don't get a place, what is the procedure to get on waitlist, and will the school consider my son's talent in football when awarding places to people in the waitlist? My son trains/plays with older kids in a soccer academy's elite team.

Unfortunately, there's no clear criteria on the priority on the waiting list. I submitted my son's name during registration phase 2 years ago, but I haven't heard anything from them ever since.

You could monitor the situation in ACSP without registering. If the balloting situation is not in your favor, you can always head to SJI on the last day of Phase 2C registration.

galaxyraider
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration