Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.

Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby What The » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:04 pm

zac's mum wrote:
BrieBee wrote:Hi All, anyone has advise on the following school?
* Fern Green
* Anchor Green
* Sengkang
All 1-2km. No more choice for <1km.

Depends on: You like to ballot or don’t like to ballot?

Sorry, but SK area got super a lot of Dragon kids. A lot of overflow from 2C.

* Fern Green 60 seats
* Anchor Green 100 seats
* Seng Kang 135 seats

U like to ballot, apply FG. If fail, maybe get posted to SK or Punggol area.
Don’t like to ballot, apply SK safer. Provided don’t have 135 applicants <1km.


Wait and see till last day of registration to see if balloting is required.

What The
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:11 am
Total Likes: 9


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby floppy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm

BrieBee wrote:
floppy wrote:
zac's mum wrote:Depends on: You like to ballot or don’t like to ballot?

Sorry, but SK area got super a lot of Dragon kids. A lot of overflow from 2C.

* Fern Green 60 seats
* Anchor Green 100 seats
* Seng Kang 135 seats

U like to ballot, apply FG. If fail, maybe get posted to SK or Punggol area.
Don’t like to ballot, apply SK safer. Provided don’t have 135 applicants <1km.


I'm curious.

Listed above are all SK schools but yet BrieBee stated no Pri School < 1km left. Can't think of many, if any, estates / housing developments that fit that profile - the only likely place that I can triangulate is a few blocks / plots near Buangkok / YCK. However, that would mean YCKPS is within 1km (115 places left) and would be a wiser choice than the above 3 schools (due to super high demand within 1km from SK).


I'm staying at Anchorvale, within 1km is NCPS, Springdale and Compassvale. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:


Oh... Bellewaters? I was looking the other way :laugh:
Your best bet is Fern Green, and hope that demand for the school <1km is split between Fern Green and Fernvale Primary, which will present you with an opening :evil:

TBH, you may have to wait till the last day before you can decide.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5093
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:48 pm
Total Likes: 98


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby Sparkss » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:21 pm

All the best to those involved in phase 2CS like myself. I will wait and see if TKPS is oversubscribed. Since it is the only school left in marine parade. Then I will go down my list of 4 other backups

Sparkss
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby zac's mum » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:41 pm

We can do an analysis of the Day 1 results on 14 August night, after MOE updates the number of applicants.

Then those who are risk-averse can narrow down to their other options.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1689
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby sannnz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Dear parents,

My son was balloted out from Punggol Primary (situated in Hougang) despite me living right next to it.
I was extremely upset and has been crying since 08 AUG ( yes i am that affected because i am a FTWM and has no care giver assistance thus school distance is very important to me).

To prep for phase 2CS, the next nearest school within 1km from my house is North Vista Pri NVPS (47 seats). Else it would be 1-2km range, such as Yio Chu Kang Pri YCKPS (115 seats). Not much choice left.

Should i go ahead in 2CS for North Vista? its like 700m away as compared to 1.2KM between NVPS and YCKPS.
I was thinking if the kids that were balloted out from Nan Chiau will spill over to NVPS?

Appreciate your kind opinion please. Thank you.

Dilemma and worried.

sannnz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:38 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby BrieBee » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm curious.

Listed above are all SK schools but yet BrieBee stated no Pri School < 1km left. Can't think of many, if any, estates / housing developments that fit that profile - the only likely place that I can triangulate is a few blocks / plots near Buangkok / YCK. However, that would mean YCKPS is within 1km (115 places left) and would be a wiser choice than the above 3 schools (due to super high demand within 1km from SK).[/quote]

I'm staying at Anchorvale, within 1km is NCPS, Springdale and Compassvale. :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:[/quote]

Oh... Bellewaters? I was looking the other way :laugh:
Your best bet is Fern Green, and hope that demand for the school <1km is split between Fern Green and Fernvale Primary, which will present you with an opening :evil:

TBH, you may have to wait till the last day before you can decide.[/quote]

:thankyou:

BrieBee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:01 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby Sparkss » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:57 pm

sannnz wrote:Dear parents,

My son was balloted out from Punggol Primary (situated in Hougang) despite me living right next to it.
I was extremely upset and has been crying since 08 AUG ( yes i am that affected because i am a FTWM and has no care giver assistance thus school distance is very important to me).

To prep for phase 2CS, the next nearest school within 1km from my house is North Vista Pri NVPS (47 seats). Else it would be 1-2km range, such as Yio Chu Kang Pri YCKPS (115 seats). Not much choice left.

Should i go ahead in 2CS for North Vista? its like 700m away as compared to 1.2KM between NVPS and YCKPS.
I was thinking if the kids that were balloted out from Nan Chiau will spill over to NVPS?

Appreciate your kind opinion please. Thank you.

Dilemma and worried.



HUGS.. I also cried... and the school i got balloted out was like a few steps away. totally understand how you feel.

I think to decide must really follow what zac's mum said.. wait till first night to see the stats.

Sparkss
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:31 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby sannnz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:04 pm

thank you Sparkss.....HUGS to you too.

but i cannot imagine nor take the heart wrenching moment on 13th AUG night if the nearest school (NVPS) is filled....logistic will be a nightmare for me. and i have a younger son to follow the next year.....the fate is really dependant on the older brother.

sannnz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby Orb » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:16 pm

sannnz wrote:thank you Sparkss.....HUGS to you too.

but i cannot imagine nor take the heart wrenching moment on 13th AUG night if the nearest school (NVPS) is filled....logistic will be a nightmare for me. and i have a younger son to follow the next year.....the fate is really dependant on the older brother.


What about Monfort Junior?

Orb
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:26 am
Total Likes: 6


Re: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake

Postby sannnz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:22 pm

sannnz wrote:
thank you Sparkss.....HUGS to you too.

but i cannot imagine nor take the heart wrenching moment on 13th AUG night if the nearest school (NVPS) is filled....logistic will be a nightmare for me. and i have a younger son to follow the next year.....the fate is really dependant on the older brother.


What about Monfort Junior?


It has only 39 seats left but as I am not a catholic, i do not 'feel comfortable' to send him to MJS. My son has attended the open house at Punggol pri and he loves it so i had to hide my dissapointment and sadness from him.....he wanted to go to a co-ed school too (not sure why he's so insistent).

sannnz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Selection & Registration

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres