2019 P1 Registration Exercise for 2020 In-take

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
Viiv
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: 2019 P1 Registration Exercise for 2020 In-take

Post by Viiv » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm

On the leave topic... how about if our kids take school bus? First day of sch alr take sch bus on his own?

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Viiv wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm
On the leave topic... how about if our kids take school bus? First day of sch alr take sch bus on his own?
Please send personally on 1st day. There is no replacement of this experience.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:36 pm

By the way, if your child is not usually an early riser, practice waking up progressively earlier and earlier after Xmas. So that it is not a rude shock to the body on 2nd Jan.

Personally, I sacrificed my New Year’s Eve late night celebration and New Year’s Day public holiday sleep in, woke whole family up at school timing and we went for a nice breakfast and then a walk at the Park to stay awake. Kept awake with activities and Slept very early that night. It helps a lot with the next morning crankiness.

sparkling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by sparkling » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Try to prepare your child ahead by talking to them about it. We find this practice very helpful In principle children should be okay because they have gone to preschool and swopped level, classrooms, teachers etc. Of course it depends on the child.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:55 pm

Haha I more Kiasu, my N1 sometimes woke up before her Gor Gor

sparkling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by sparkling » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 am

Hi everyone

This topic has understandably been quiet. I guess parents have attended or will be attending the orientation and also at various stages of preparing for P1 next year. I would like to throw up for discussion whether any one who has put their kid on the waiting list for another primary school has any success with getting a spot at P1 for 2020.

Hoping parents out there can share if anyone is still reading this topic.
Last edited by sparkling on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am

sparkling wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 am
Hi everyone

This topic has understandably been quiet. I guess parents have attended or will be attending the orientation and also at various stages of preparing for P1 next year. I would like to throw up for discussion whether any one who has put their kid on the waiting list for another primary school has any success with getting a spot at P1 for 2020.

Hoping parents out there can share if anyone is still reading this topic.
Every year after P1 registration, there will be people who put their kids on waiting list. Some will be successful, some will not. A round of musical chairs would probably have already happened and if you didn’t get it, would have to wait till after reporting or when school reopens.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by zac's mum » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 am

From what some parents have shared in previous years, they didn’t get call up by the school until as late as after Christmas. In one of those few working days before the Jan school term starts.

If you are still harboring hopes of being called up & offered a place, (i) answer every single call from an unknown number, even if you’re on overseas holiday (ii) don’t buy any uniforms or textbooks yet. Or buy first and then try to sell them off later.

Let child attend the Orientation first. Who knows, you may both end up liking the school.

If eventually offered a place in your waitlist school (if ever), school may or may not provide a short tour to orientate the child to the new classroom etc. Child will mostly have to integrate on his/her own, without parent.

sparkling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by sparkling » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:49 am

zac's mum wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 am
From what some parents have shared in previous years, they didn’t get call up by the school until as late as after Christmas. In one of those few working days before the Jan school term starts.

If you are still harboring hopes of being called up & offered a place, (i) answer every single call from an unknown number, even if you’re on overseas holiday (ii) don’t buy any uniforms or textbooks yet. Or buy first and then try to sell them off later.

Let child attend the Orientation first. Who knows, you may both end up liking the school.

If eventually offered a place in your waitlist school (if ever), school may or may not provide a short tour to orientate the child to the new classroom etc. Child will mostly have to integrate on his/her own, without parent.
Thank you.

sparkling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by sparkling » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:55 pm

I heard one transfer for p1 2020 happened in Dec. We are still waiting.