Affiliated Schools and their COPs

Work your way through the complex rituals of Primary One Registration. This is where you find out more about the dream school you have always wanted for your kid.
zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:110

Re: Affiliated Schools and their COPs

Post by zac's mum » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:38 pm

I did some digging. So apparently ACS Barker Road has published the stats on their website. Surprisingly to me, the % of affiliated boys admitted in previous years, is not ~99% in Express stream, as I mistakenly thought. It was more like 78.66-87.39%.

And they have thrown out a predicted number by which they expect the affiliated COP to go up by: about 7-10 points.

Here’s the link, for anyone who wants to read it. Screenshot it yourself in case they take it down:

https://www.acsbr.moe.edu.sg/qql/slot/u ... 202019.pdf

doodbug
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:17

Post by doodbug » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:33 pm

ACSBR does offer quite a number of DSA places to non affiliated boys.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:110

Post by zac's mum » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:36 am

doodbug wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:33 pm
ACSBR does offer quite a number of DSA places to non affiliated boys.
According to this 2013 post, ACSBR offered a total of 11 DSA places only:

https://acs-br.blogspot.com/2013/?m=1

“** We have also committed 10 Express places and 1Normal(Academic) place to DSA.”

There are stats given for a few years after that. Just need to search. But I believe total not more than 20 per year.

doodbug
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by doodbug » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 am

-
Last edited by doodbug on Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

doodbug
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by doodbug » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 am

I think they may have been increasing the number of DSA spots (just my guess) to non-affiliated kids since the MOE policy was announced on maintaining a minimum percentage of non-affiliated students w.e.f. 2020. As for my kids' years (they are Sec 2 and Sec 1 this year), and from their primary school, there were at least 2 if not 3 DSAs to ACSBR (and this is from one primary school alone.) But do check with the school :) I wouldn't have the full numbers.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:196

Post by floppy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:37 am

doodbug wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:58 am
I think they may have been increasing the number of DSA spots (just my guess) to non-affiliated kids since the MOE policy was announced on maintaining a minimum percentage of non-affiliated students w.e.f. 2020. As for my kids' years (they are Sec 2 and Sec 1 this year), and from their primary school, there were at least 2 if not 3 DSAs to ACSBR (and this is from one primary school alone.) But do check with the school :) I wouldn't have the full numbers.
The cap for DSA is 20%. In theory, ACSBR can fill that up and leave the remaining spots for S1 application to the affiliated schools. While they may have increased the number of DSA recently, I doubt that they are close to the magic 20% yet.

I didn’t think (and no reasons to suspect) that 99% of ACSBR are from affiliates lah. However, the school must have been close or slightly beyond 80% (so zac’s mum numbers seem reasonable). The MOE capping of affiliation will definitely impact them, one way or another.

doodbug
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by doodbug » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 am

Yes, I think the "78.66-87.39%" range from affiliate schools seems reasonable.