These are clubs for parents with children of the same age
sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:55

Re: Club 2005 Kids

Post by sembgal » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:09 pm

mummyscopio wrote:Hello everyone......

Just to check... ds came home on Monday and showed me his oral practice notes for sch... then he told me that the way picture conversation is tested is different from last year...
No longer is the picture a scene and they are to describe what they see in the picture...
Now its like a few individual pictures in a box.. but the individual pictures are on a particular same theme... then they are expected to talk about anything they feel or how they can related to the theme... they call it "stimulus-based conversation"

eg:
there are 4 pictures (somewhat like clipart) namely:
a teddy bear, a boy playing with toy car, a girl playing tea party with her dolly and a boy playing building blocks....

then the teacher prompt:
"look at the picture. which of the toys do you like? why?"

then the child is expected to talk and talk and talk.....

is this what's happening in your dc's sch too??

This is the new style of testing for oral. In this way, examiner gets to hear different responses instead of the memorized version of the previous oral pic. Getting the child to express his/her opinions is what the new Oral syllabus is about.

jacsplace
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by jacsplace » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:20 pm

My ds had show and tell recently. But he did it to the teacher only. Shouldn't it be to the whole class?

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by SAHM_TAN » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:34 pm

This yr dd1 will not have show and tell as part of assessment. Chked with dd1, from her experience show and tell is to the class.

Think best you chk with your ds' tr.

cheers

deardar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by deardar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi

Anyone staying at Punggol area?

deardar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by deardar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi

Anyone staying at Punggol area?

HapiFran
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by HapiFran » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Frannie and I have two boys, elder is P3 Rosyth school and no 2 is 2.5 year old. hahaha I hardly visit this Forum, discovering more and more new interesting things and hope to learn from you all. I yet to visit all the pages in this thread, just read last 3 pages. What is the hot discussion? Any members living in Serangoon North, I would like to have more new playmate for my boys.
I guess latest hot discussion is CA1, pray he will score okay :), anyway results is secondary, we are pleased with his hard work, kind of already reward him..ha ha ha two movies during CA1, cos so happen must catch the movie during this period.
JTS: MindCraft movie is in the making I heard, my son shouted! Halelujah, I must watch it when he normally dislike movies..faintz .. lol.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:59 pm

This thread has been quiet for a very long time.

You can discuss whatever takes your fancy or the flavour of month. LOL.

CA1 starting this wk, no steaming this yr so letting dd1 swim solo. Heehee

HapiFran
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by HapiFran » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Rosyth CA1 for P3 ended on Monday. All the best to those who is preparing for the exam, enjoy them!

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:4

Post by Kissgurami » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 pm

DD1 has no CA1 :wink: though I don't mind CA1 to have a check point on her progress. Normal revisions in the school.

She's busy preparing Haiku and hokkien for her afternoon high tea at school next week :dancing:

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by SAHM_TAN » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:57 am

Kiss, rare guest. LOL

That's cool, abt the haiku and hokkien.

Is she learning hokkien fr school or a project for her to learn a dialect fr family members?

School life is rather interesting compared to my primary school experience. Now they have option to learn Malay at conversational level at no extra monetary cost. Envy.