Club 2013 :) our lovely snakes and dragons

These are clubs for parents with children of the same age
cindy_123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Club 2013 :) our lovely snakes and dragons

Post by cindy_123 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi,
Have a question. My Snake year kid (born Dec) is at N1 now instead of N2. Should I have her promoted to N2 at mid-year to help catchup with the P1 schedule? Any advice on how to cope up and has any one faced this before...?

Lilitham
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Lilitham » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

angel_lrl wrote:Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a first time mum of an August 2013 boy. I would like to find out when do I need to start preparations on primary school sourcing for my son if I wish to enrol him in Rulang Primary School? Need advice from experienced mothers. Thank you in advance!
Hi I am new to this forum too and mine is a jun 2013 boy. I am looking advice from fellow mummies on primary schools in yishun area.

:thankyou:

Joey838
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Joey838 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 am

Lilitham wrote:
angel_lrl wrote:Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a first time mum of an August 2013 boy. I would like to find out when do I need to start preparations on primary school sourcing for my son if I wish to enrol him in Rulang Primary School? Need advice from experienced mothers. Thank you in advance!
Hi I am new to this forum too and mine is a jun 2013 boy. I am looking advice from fellow mummies on primary schools in yishun area.

:thankyou:
Hi,my son was born in Oct 2013, planning to enrol him to Chong Fu. How about you?

magicalland
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by magicalland » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:54 pm

In this FREE 'Healthy Kids, Happy Parents' workshop, you will learn what essential oils are, and how to choose essential oils that are of a quality standard; safe for your children and family.

You will also learn how to create a chemical free environment to bring up your children, to improve their overall health and wellness and helping them stay healthy and happy naturally.

Limited seats! Sign up for the workshop at this link: https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/healthy-kid ... 7378834099

When
22 September, 19:00–20:30
23 September, 13:00–14:30.

forthelilones
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by forthelilones » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi mums & dads
My lil one is in K1 n but as his CC has high turnover of teachers I am worried if his learning is on track. Does anyone send their kids to Teach Sonam for phonics or maths? Or anyone has recommendations for tutor? Thanks !!

Lovely0315
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Lovely0315 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi all, I’m new too.. my boy born in Jun 2013..

read few postings above.. so many of you thinking which primary to go edy... so fast... cox of first child?

I will just let my son to go to the same primary school as my gal, hehe...

He can read well but not really good in writing (sweat)..

We changed his childcare end of yr17 due to location issues. I found that current cc (Agape) is good as they let them practice writing and he brings back homework every Friday.. he enjoy doing homework..

rachel_liu8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rachel_liu8 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:47 am

Lovely0315 wrote:Hi all, I’m new too.. my boy born in Jun 2013..

read few postings above.. so many of you thinking which primary to go edy... so fast... cox of first child?

I will just let my son to go to the same primary school as my gal, hehe...

He can read well but not really good in writing (sweat)..

We changed his childcare end of yr17 due to location issues. I found that current cc (Agape) is good as they let them practice writing and he brings back homework every Friday.. he enjoy doing homework..

Just would like to ask what's the normal progress for reading/writing for our kids who just started K1 this year? As you mentioned your kid can read well, is this about reading alphabets? or reading paragraphs / simple picture books?
As my daughter is from the same year, she is learning phonics, but I don't think she can read any books independently..

Lovely0315
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Lovely0315 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm

:sweat: He can read book independently, some friends who came to house always commented that he can read very well and good...

I let both of my kids watch phonics, abc dvd when they r about 9-10mths plus, follow by sight word, so they can recognize a lot of words and can read books in early stage.. (without other dvd or tv)

Of course for my gal we read books for her while she drinking milk when she was young, but when my boy time then no more this practice :sweat:

So I borrow friens who has younger kids but some of them already watch “fancy” dvd, so not really interested to watch the one I borrowed :sweat:

rachel_liu8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rachel_liu8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Lovely0315 wrote::sweat: He can read book independently, some friends who came to house always commented that he can read very well and good...

I let both of my kids watch phonics, abc dvd when they r about 9-10mths plus, follow by sight word, so they can recognize a lot of words and can read books in early stage.. (without other dvd or tv)

Of course for my gal we read books for her while she drinking milk when she was young, but when my boy time then no more this practice :sweat:

So I borrow friens who has younger kids but some of them already watch “fancy” dvd, so not really interested to watch the one I borrowed :sweat:

Wow, he is good! and I'm getting a bit stressed here :-)

Lovely0315
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Lovely0315 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:34 pm

rachel_liu8 wrote:
Lovely0315 wrote::sweat: He can read book independently, some friends who came to house always commented that he can read very well and good...

Wow, he is good! and I'm getting a bit stressed here :-)
Don stress about it, it is never too late to start now.. add oil...