Club Geylang

These are clubs for parents to network with other parents living in the same district as themselves

Club Geylang

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:40 pm

As we all know, Geylang is well known for its, um, good food :)

I stay 2 blocks away from Kong Hwa school (or what appears to be the remains of Kong Hwa School's hall given the massive rebuilding works it is going through). KHS is not just undergoing renovation... it has been almost totally hacked away and is being rebuilt from ground up :yikes:

Come share some sources of good food around here. My favorite include the Old Airport Market - what I call the Disneyland of great local fare.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Club Geylang

Postby Castle House » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Chief..

I am not staying there but I have a boss who also love to patronise there.. ahem.. for the food of course.. :laugh:

He mentioned near Lorong 6 or was it 8.. got a 'tian ji zhuo' suddenly can't remember what is it in English.. :?: :faint:

And there is a stall that sells good durians... but expensive.. :wink:

Castle House
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Chief, you are so lucky to be staying in Geylang. It's a food paradise... :love: There's so much good food there. :love:

By the way, does anyone know where the Smelly Toufu shop is? I tried it many years ago but cannot remember the place anymore. Thanks.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Happy Mama wrote:Chief, you are so lucky to be staying in Geylang. It's a food paradise... :love: There's so much good food there. :love:

By the way, does anyone know where the Smelly Toufu shop is? I tried it many years ago but cannot remember the place anymore. Thanks.

If it has not moved, it's towards the end of Geylang, Lor 41. We had it years ago too. So smelly but the skin so crispy and the tofu so soft, melt in the mouth. I sat outside to avoid being overwhelm by the smell.

Poor chief's club has become Geylang Food paradise club.

I used to visit Geylang alot for the food, the 24hr beancurd, miss the you tiao bing, the hor fun, the dian xin, the durians, cannot eat the frog leg porridge because allergic to frog meat, but now with 3 kids not easy to overcome the heavy traffic and to avoid the.... ahem

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:56 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:If it has not moved, it's towards the end of Geylang, Lor 41. We had it years ago too. So smelly but the skin so crispy and the tofu so soft, melt in the mouth. I sat outside to avoid being overwhelm by the smell.

Poor chief's club has become Geylang Food paradise club.

I used to visit Geylang alot for the food, the 24hr beancurd, miss the you tiao bing, the hor fun, the dian xin, the durians, cannot eat the frog leg porridge because allergic to frog meat, but now with 3 kids not easy to overcome the heavy traffic and to avoid the.... ahem

Thanks so much, SAHM_Tan. I may go check it out after dinner if it's not too late later... Becos of Chief's post, I'm now at Geylang having my dinner. :wink:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Champion » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Chief, me not staying that area but live to go there for the 无招牌 crabs! :imcool:

Patronize at least once a month :moneyflies:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Happy Mama wrote:Chief, you are so lucky to be staying in Geylang. It's a food paradise... :love: There's so much good food there. :love:

I brought a friend there to try it out... but he refused to eat it after smelling! Me too :)

I think the restaurant owner was pretty offended after that. But boh bian. We can't get ourselves to eat what smelt exactly like poop to us. But they have got pretty good duck noodles.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Champion wrote:Chief, me not staying that area but live to go there for the 无招牌 crabs! :imcool:

Patronize at least once a month :moneyflies:

That place is filled with diners every I drive past it in the evening. Never been there myself :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Castle House wrote:Hi Chief..

I am not staying there but I have a boss who also love to patronise there.. ahem.. for the food of course.. :laugh:

He mentioned near Lorong 6 or was it 8.. got a 'tian ji zhuo' suddenly can't remember what is it in English.. :?: :faint:

And there is a stall that sells good durians... but expensive.. :wink:

Nothing exotic for me... so it is a waste for me to be staying near that place :). There's also the House of Turtle at the junction of Guillemard and Lor 38. Wasted on me too :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:09 pm

If you want really authentic Vietnamese pho and bun thit neng, try the Viet restaurant on the ground floor ("river view") at the corner of Grandlink Square. That's the closest to Vietnamese food I've managed to get in Singapore.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Next

Return to Clubs for parents in different parts of Singapore