Q&A - P1 Malay

Academic support for Primary 1

Q&A - P1 Malay

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Moderator's Note: Please use this thread to ask for help on specific questions. Please refrain from out of topic chatter in this thread to make it easier for the community to find the answers they need.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Q&A - P1 Malay

Postby Ran1977 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am

Hi, I want to ask your advice.
My child will be going to P1 in 2014. Currently his kindy just offers Chinese as a 2nd language which he is taking.
Unfortunately being Sindhi (Indian, but not Tamil speaking), I do not know much about Chinese; just little dily conversations with my Chinese friends.
On the other hand, I am okay in Malay (having taken Malay in PSLE and O Level).
Thus, I have 2 challenges awaiting me :scratchhead: :-

1) Do I want him to take Chinese in Primary School (where my help is limited) or Malay (that I can help him after work as I am a FTWM).
2) If I do want him to take Malay in Primary School, I would need to start now with him. Would anyone have the preschool Malay syallabus that one needs to know before going to P1?

:thankyou:

Ran1977
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MsPizza » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:24 am

My child took Mandarin in kiddy but opted for Malay in Pri Sch cos according to her it was easier to learn. I am coaching her Malay 7 days a week and yet her Malay is terrible! No one to blame but myself. I regretted not speaking to her more in Malay when she was younger. Unless you dont mind hiring a personal home tutor to come in at least 5 days a week for Mandarin I say go for it. Good luck!

MsPizza
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Nahiz » Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 am

Hi everyone,
I am having so much trouble in finding Malay tutor for my P1 child!! In fact we are not Malay but my child took Malay and now it's so hard to find a tutor.
I am living in jurong west st 93, if anyone knows of Malay tutor please PM me.
Thank you.

Nahiz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby maritza.tuition » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi all, if you are looking for a Malay tutor, I have a few who are available. Do PM me, and I'll do my best to set it up. Thanks!

maritza.tuition
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary 1