P1 Chinese - Show & Tell

Academic support for Primary 1

P1 Chinese - Show & Tell

Postby raisintan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi,

Any of your kids have show & tell? What is the topic?

raisintan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: P1 Chinese - Show & Tell

Postby alng » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:35 pm

raisintan wrote:Hi,

Any of your kids have show & tell? What is the topic?

My ds has Chinese Oral instead show and tell. For English, he has both show and tell and English Oral.

For English show and tell, he has twice before: favourite cartoon character and favourite story book character.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Wan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm

His topic was favorite animal and he chose to talk about panda. He even brought a little panda softtoy which we bought from hkg ocean park. Can't wait for pandas to arrive at mandai zoo!

Wan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby alwayslucky » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

Wan wrote:His topic was favorite animal and he chose to talk about panda. He even brought a little panda softtoy which we bought from hkg ocean park. Can't wait for pandas to arrive at mandai zoo!

Can I know for Primary 1 how long is the duration of the show and tell for reach student?

As for oral,do they read out to the teacher one to one or read out to the whole class?

Does show and tell and oral contribute to the final score? I mean is it graded?

alwayslucky
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Champion » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:13 pm

My P1 DD2 has just been given the letter yesterday together with the grading system and the general guidance on content. The CL show-and-tell is next Tuesday and the topic is "My favourite Toy". It will be graded - 20 marks.

DD2 is a potato-child - literally speaks more English than Chinese most time. So, to do show-and-tell it really a huge challenge for her and mummy here! :sweat:

I spent the last one hour typing out what she wants and has to say - the content which contains about 8 sentences and with pinyin underneath the Chinese character. I don't know how much DD2 can memorise or remember but what I do know is we will have a very busy, stressful weekend! :cry: :cry:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm

alwayslucky wrote:
Wan wrote:His topic was favorite animal and he chose to talk about panda. He even brought a little panda softtoy which we bought from hkg ocean park. Can't wait for pandas to arrive at mandai zoo!

Can I know for Primary 1 how long is the duration of the show and tell for reach student?

As for oral,do they read out to the teacher one to one or read out to the whole class?

Does show and tell and oral contribute to the final score? I mean is it graded?

depends on the school. different school has different practise.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby alng » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Champion wrote:My P1 DD2 has just been given the letter yesterday together with the grading system and the general guidance on content. The CL show-and-tell is next Tuesday and the topic is "My favourite Toy". It will be graded - 20 marks.

DD2 is a potato-child - literally speaks more English than Chinese most time. So, to do show-and-tell it really a huge challenge for her and mummy here! :sweat:

I spent the last one hour typing out what she wants and has to say - the content which contains about 8 sentences and with pinyin underneath the Chinese character. I don't know how much DD2 can memorise or remember but what I do know is we will have a very busy, stressful weekend! :cry: :cry:

Hi Champion,

I have been through such preparations with my P1 ds2 this year for both English and Chinese show and tell and oral. I can fully understand how you feel. I don't remember having to go through this with my dd1 5 years ago.

From my experience with ds2, there is no need to make the child memorise. So long the child knows the content and knows how to say the content using her own words, that is fine. It does not matter if there are a few mistakes here and there.

In fact for my ds2's latest English Oral, I have no time to prepare him at all cos my dd1 is taking PSLE this year. Last week, he came home from school and announced that he had his English Oral. I felt so relieve inside me cos I no longer need to prepare him for that. But he has a Chinese Oral coming up.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pumpkin_pie » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 pm

does P1 need to do Chinese show & tell? How often is it?

pumpkin_pie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Wan » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:16 am

Yes, 2nd show & tell in P1

Wan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby phtthp » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:54 am

Can name some primary schools that have P1 Chinese Show and Tell ? Tq