North Spring Primary Sch - Tamil Language

Academic support for Primary 1

North Spring Primary Sch - Tamil Language

Postby whiteangel0302 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 am

Hi ,

My girl is in North Spring Primary School. CLass P1-4(loyalty). Her tamil language is below average as she went to a private kindergarten with only chinese language as the second language. Now in P1, she is struggling as she tells me she doesnt understand what the teacher says to her. Feeling very worried for her, not sure how she has been coping. But i always ask her , how was the class, she is able to tell me a few words she has learnt so far. Able to write the letters ( started with basic reading and writing last year) . Anyone's else child in NSPS or in the same class as her?

:thankyou:

whiteangel0302
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: North Spring Primary Sch - Tamil Language

Postby sembgal » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:17 pm

whiteangel0302 wrote:Hi ,

My girl is in North Spring Primary School. CLass P1-4(loyalty). Her tamil language is below average as she went to a private kindergarten with only chinese language as the second language. Now in P1, she is struggling as she tells me she doesnt understand what the teacher says to her. Feeling very worried for her, not sure how she has been coping. But i always ask her , how was the class, she is able to tell me a few words she has learnt so far. Able to write the letters ( started with basic reading and writing last year) . Anyone's else child in NSPS or in the same class as her?

Hi,
Sharing with you about I have heard from parents who send their non-Chinese children to kindergartens that offers only Chinese Language in Kindergarten. They made a big mistake! The time when they found out is too late as the child is already in primary 1 and cannot catch up. My advice to parents is that if your child's mother tongue is Chinese, then only send her to the pre-school that offers Chinese. If not, you should send your child to another school that offers your own mother tongue. Only parents who can afford private tuition Tamil/Malay for their children in kindergarten levels, adjust better in primary schools mother tongue even though they learn Chinese in preschools. Please seek help for your child with private Tamil tuition ASAP as I heard that they learn how to write Tamil "ABC" in kindergarten not in primary schools. Nowadays primary school teachers do not teach ABC as ABC is preschool level curriculum.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby whiteangel0302 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:55 am

Hi

Thank you for reply. There are not many centres that offer tamil as a second langauge. We have limited choices. And its definitely not what i wanted but as i mentioned, at that point of time, there was no choice but to enrol her in that CC as both me and my husband are working.

Been looking around for a tutor, hopefully can find a reliable one.

whiteangel0302
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sembgal » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:41 pm

whiteangel0302 wrote:Hi

Thank you for reply. There are not many centres that offer tamil as a second langauge. We have limited choices. And its definitely not what i wanted but as i mentioned, at that point of time, there was no choice but to enrol her in that CC as both me and my husband are working.

Been looking around for a tutor, hopefully can find a reliable one.

Hi, if possible get a Tamil tutor who is in poly or JC. They are students can connect with your girl more and you do not need to pay exorbitant tuition fee to engage tertiary students.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blue Pearl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 am

Where do you stay whiteangel0302. There are a few good tamil tutors to coach as well. Hw about Sinda Classes?

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby whiteangel0302 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi Blue Pearl,

I stay at Compassvale Lane. Hmm I do know Sengkang Sec has SINDA classes for ENG/MATH/SCI but havent seen any tamil classes. But I shall call and find out :smile:

ThankS!

whiteangel0302
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary 1