Learning Support Program ( English)

Academic support for Primary 1

Learning Support Program ( English)

Postby wh1t3dc » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Dear parents out there, my dd received a letter today stated that she has been selected for the LSP. I'm quite puzzle, i thought the LSP are meant for kids who need help in English, as in conversing, reading and spelling.

My dd first language since young has always been english as she is quite bad with her mother tongue. Since K2 she is able to read and spell basic english quite well and has shown no learning disability symptoms. Any parents out there facing the same problem?? Where by your kids are doing good in english but still have to attend the LSP.....

pls help
:cry:

wh1t3dc
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Learning Support Program ( English)

Postby sembgal » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:15 pm

wh1t3dc wrote:Dear parents out there, my dd received a letter today stated that she has been selected for the LSP. I'm quite puzzle, i thought the LSP are meant for kids who need help in English, as in conversing, reading and spelling.

My dd first language since young has always been english as she is quite bad with her mother tongue. Since K2 she is able to read and spell basic english quite well and has shown no learning disability symptoms. Any parents out there facing the same problem?? Where by your kids are doing good in english but still have to attend the LSP.....

pls help

Hi, you may be feeling dejected but trust the professional judgement of your DD's teacher. She has been observed and selected for LSP during this period of 6 weeks. You can contact the teacher to highlight your concern. Is your child able to read the 1000 most high frequency words? Is your child able to communicate in a full sentence? Can she read fluently? You have to understand from her teacher's perspective of how she has observed your dd and to select her for LSP.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lovinglife » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:35 pm

wh1t3dc wrote:Dear parents out there, my dd received a letter today stated that she has been selected for the LSP. I'm quite puzzle, i thought the LSP are meant for kids who need help in English, as in conversing, reading and spelling.

pls help

She probably too shy to speak up?

lovinglife
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:50 am

pls help

Why don't you speak to the teacher to find out what the issues are? There may be something that you are not seeing, or perhaps your daughter is not performing so well in school for some reason (shyness etc).

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby miqaayil » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:31 am

i do suspect shyness and embarrassment to be wrong, we must instill the thought its ok to be wrong, never be afraid to speak up.
i practice constant communication everyday , at least 30mins 1 to 1 ask her to explain wat she learned and wat goes on in every class.

miqaayil
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary 1