Help! P2 Higher Chinese

Academic support for Primary 2

Help! P2 Higher Chinese

Postby mumof2kids2010 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi,

Parents who have kids studying P2 Higher Chinese, please help and advise. :?:

My girl is selected to study higher Chinese nest year P2 as she got quite high for her P1 Chinese. However, I'm not very sure of what they will be learning for higher Chinese as compared to the normal Chinese. Could someone advise of this? Will it be a lot more difficult for Higher Chinese as compared to the normal one? If possible, could someone point me to some resources where I can download some Higher Chinese tests/worksheets?

I'm quite worried that she will not be able to cope with it.

:thankyou:

mumof2kids2010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby auntieM » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:48 pm

For a start you can try check out the assessment books at Popular bookshops that are meant for P2 Higher Chinese.. ...then easier to 'agar' the standard.. :wink:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mumof2kids2010 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 am

auntieM wrote:For a start you can try check out the assessment books at Popular bookshops that are meant for P2 Higher Chinese.. ...then easier to 'agar' the standard.. :wink:

Hi auntieM,

Thanks very much. I will check out the books at Popular...

mumof2kids2010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Help! P2 Higher Chinese

Postby vkoh » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:10 am

mumof2kids2010 wrote:Hi,

My girl is selected to study higher Chinese nest year P2 as she got quite high for her P1 Chinese. However, I'm not very sure of what they will be learning for higher Chinese as compared to the normal Chinese. Could someone advise of this? Will it be a lot more difficult for Higher Chinese as compared to the normal one? If possible, could someone point me to some resources where I can download some Higher Chinese tests/worksheets?

My boy is studying higher chinese since P1. The only difference is to study more words than normal chinese. You can buy the higher chinese guide book from popular which shows which are the must know words to learn. Hope it helps.

vkoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mumof2kids2010 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:31 am

vkoh wrote:My boy is studying higher chinese since P1. The only difference is to study more words than normal chinese. You can buy the higher chinese guide book from popular which shows which are the must know words to learn. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your reply.

So, if she starts from P2, we will need to get her to learn the additional words now, right? Are the additional must know words for P1 (higher chinese) all in the chinese character cards (zi bao bao)? If yes, I will use the cards during the holidays.

Sorry to ask so many questions... :oops:

mumof2kids2010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sakura_2009 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:45 am

mumof2kids2010 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

So, if she starts from P2, we will need to get her to learn the additional words now, right? Are the additional must know words for P1 (higher chinese) all in the chinese character cards (zi bao bao)? If yes, I will use the cards during the holidays.

I think whether all the words in the zi bao bao are used depends on the teacher. These cards are meant to supplement their current textbook and may not necessarily be used (if at all). But if you can teach, why not? Actually many schools have already started higher chinese in P1 and the difference between HMT and normal chinese is not really that huge for lower primary, just additional words to be learned. IMO, the major difference comes in P5.

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vkoh » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:04 pm

sakura_2009 wrote:
mumof2kids2010 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I think whether all the words in the zi bao bao are used depends on the teacher. These cards are meant to supplement their current textbook and may not necessarily be used (if at all). But if you can teach, why not? Actually many schools have already started higher chinese in P1 and the difference between HMT and normal chinese is not really that huge for lower primary, just additional words to be learned. IMO, the major difference comes in P5.

yes, you are right. you can start to revise from p2 higher chinese.

vkoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mumof2kids2010 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:05 pm

mumof2kids2010
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby eemom » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:46 pm

mumof2kids2010 wrote:Hi,

I think it's good for your girl to study higher Chinese because some of the top sec school like Nanyang girls sec, CHIJ St Nicholas Girls' Sec need the Higher Chinese result when PSLE.
It's not very difficult for kids to study higher Chinese in lower primary. 识读字 are almost same, but there are more识写字 in higher Chinese than in normal Chinese. Teach your kids Chinese characters as many as possible, this is very important!

eemom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jiyou2003 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:49 pm

sakura_2009 wrote:I think whether all the words in the zi bao bao are used depends on the teacher. These cards are meant to supplement their current textbook and may not necessarily be used (if at all). But if you can teach, why not? Actually many schools have already started higher chinese in P1 and the difference between HMT and normal chinese is not really that huge for lower primary, just additional words to be learned. IMO, the major difference comes in P5.

Hi Sakura_2009,
DS MT Sir didnt really hardly use zi bao bao in P1. Always behind schedule for Chinese spelling. Now DS is offer HMT in P2. Does your kind has HMT? What assement book will you recommen?

jiyou2003
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary 2