Learning Chinese

Academic support for Primary 2

Learning Chinese

Postby qszou » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Difficult to get my son(primary 2) to learn to read/write Chinese. Any good suggestions? I have an IPod and it seems my son loves to play games with it. Is there any good app to recommend to help learn primary chinese?

qszou
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Learning Chinese

Postby fiona77 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:26 pm

there is an app call "写字”

your can ask your son to learn for the "笔画" and ”笔顺” from the app。

for my P2 son, i use the “字宝宝”,he learn a new card, he earn one minute ipad play game time.

fiona77
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mummy so kiasu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:26 pm

qszou wrote:Difficult to get my son(primary 2) to learn to read/write Chinese. Any good suggestions? I have an IPod and it seems my son loves to play games with it. Is there any good app to recommend to help learn primary chinese?

Maybe you want to check outon creative tech "wa wa ya ya" software at popular bookstore. There are also a wide range of DVD to choose from. Chinese is only my kids weakest subject. It is also important to read Chinese books to him.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummy so kiasu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:27 pm

qszou wrote:Difficult to get my son(primary 2) to learn to read/write Chinese. Any good suggestions? I have an IPod and it seems my son loves to play games with it. Is there any good app to recommend to help learn primary chinese?

Maybe you want to check out creative technology "wa wa & ya ya" software at popular bookstore. There are also a wide range of DVD to choose from. Chinese is only my kids weakest subject. It is also important to read Chinese books to him.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sodawoo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:30 am

[quote="fiona77"]there is an app call "写字”

your can ask your son to learn for the "笔画" and ”笔顺” from the app。

for my P2 son, i use the “字宝宝”,he learn a new card, he earn one minute ipad play game time.[/quote]

:goodpost:

sodawoo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby xoxoko » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:46 pm

If your child is weak in Chinese comprehension, I would recommend a book published my a friend. It contains compre passages with progressive difficulty and tips/strategies for parents to guide their children..i hv posted the info onthis thread

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 65&t=79462

xoxoko
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mceducation1 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi qszou,

Picture books (绘本) can be used to develop interest in reading. Do note that there is a difference between storybooks and picture books.

Storybooks tend to have more text per page and pictures/illustrations are secondary. Picture books tend to have lesser text and place emphasis on the pictures/illustrations.

Picture books represent a unique literary form that blends stories with art. Although picture books may have lesser words than novels, the illustrations in these books are powerful in sustaining the children's interest and attention. The role of picture books is to get children talking about what happens in the book, thus, developing their language and literacy skills.

In the midst of piecing the storyline and learning to recognise the words in the picture books, the children are actually nurturing their observation, communication, imagination and creativity skills.

Picture dictionaries are also useful in getting him started with the language. You can have a look at our latest Chinese picture dictionary. It uses themes and sub-themes as a framework to introduce over 600 commonly used nouns to kindergarten and lower Primary pupils. Some of these nouns can be found in the new Primary Chinese syllabus.

The key feature of this dictionary is that it caters for extended learning by matching the nouns with measure words and verbs to form meaningful phrases.

The picture dictionary is also accompanied with and mobile app to make learning easy for users as they are able to listen to the corresponding audio playback for the nouns through the interactive interface.

Extracted from Fun Chinese Picture Dictionary, 《欢乐学习看图词典 》

mceducation1
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby xoxoko » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Can try 闹闹 series of story books.. my son is able to relate and appreciate and thus more open to Chinese language as a result ;)

xoxoko
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary 2