Looking for a P2 space

Academic support for Primary 2

Looking for a P2 space

Postby dadnewtotown » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello, I am new here so not sure if I am doing this right. I am in the midst of moving to Singapore with my P2 age son and would like to send him to a public school, but I am having a heck of a time finding schools with vacancies!
Could anyone point me to a way to find this out? MOE directed me to call individual schools but it is proving time consuming and so far of limited effectiveness.
Or any leads on schools that might have openings?
Any guidance greatly appreciated, thank you!

dadnewtotown
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Looking for a P2 space

Postby buds » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 pm

It's time consuming even for citizens like myself and kiddies. We shifted from one part (west) of Singapore to North side and already it was tough. I was armed with report books.. testimonials.. certificates and what notes all photocopied n originals brought together as well for verification but all they said is that they'd call me. I left at least abt 10 schs (mebbe more) all the forms they needed filled and prayed hard one school... ANY school will give both my girls space. I eventually had two schs who called to say they have one space for either one of the girls n finally the third school called to inform they had two spaces for both their levels. I gave birth to my #3 in peace knowing sch arrangements were all sorted out by end November where the supposed exercise took place.

Which area will u be residing in with your family? Returning Singaporean or foreigner?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dadnewtotown » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks for your response, KiasuGrandMaster!
Foreigner, just moving in. On the plus side we are very flexible on location since we are just moving in and can hopefully chose our residence based on what school we find available, so we are looking all over. East Coast area seems most preferred to us but really we would consider just about anywhere commutable.
Thanks again for sharing your stody, hopefully its the same for us, if we stick with it!

dadnewtotown
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dadnewtotown » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:42 pm

Sorry buds, picked up your name from the wrong place :)

dadnewtotown
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Sunshineday08 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Dadnewtotown, punggol area has some new schools coming up... I may be able to assist u with some more info, it's quite a bit to text here, pls private message me, I tried but not sure if my msg went through rgds...

Sunshineday08
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary 2