Academic support for Primary 2

How to occupy your kid after school?

Postby Green-apple » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:37 pm

Dear All,

Any tips for sharing?

Green-apple
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: How to occupy your kid after school?

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Reading is the first thing that springs to mind. Other than that, you can develop your child's hobbies - music, crafts, writing etc. Sports, too, if there is someone who can supervise your child.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Life Guru » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi

You may want to draw up a daily routine for your child bearing in mind to have a good mix of work and play. A 20 minute power nap will help your child to replenish their energy before getting them to work on other activities. While homework may be the main focus after school, you can also consider to allocate some time for holistic activities such as art and craft, music appreciation or even a walk in the nature. These activities can not only reduce your child's stress level but also helps indirectly in improving his/her attention span and memory.

Hopes my 10 cent worth of feedback helps.

Life Guru
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sodawoo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:41 am

[quote="Life Guru"]Hi

You may want to draw up a daily routine for your child bearing in mind to have a good mix of work and play. A 20 minute power nap will help your child to replenish their energy before getting them to work on other activities. While homework may be the main focus after school, you can also consider to allocate some time for holistic activities such as art and craft, music appreciation or even a walk in the nature. These activities can not only reduce your child's stress level but also helps indirectly in improving his/her attention span and memory.

Hopes my 10 cent worth of feedback helps.[/quote]

haha.
"These activities can not only reduce your child's stress level but also helps indirectly in improving his/her attention span and memory. " :salute: :celebrate:

sodawoo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Kiaseemum » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:31 am

Green-apple wrote:Dear All,

Any tips for sharing?

If there's not much homework, maybe he or she can take a nap for 20 mins and then revise what he/ she learned in school?
Reading or painting, drawing.
I have enrolled my p1 ds in taekwando once a week in school so at least that occupies some of his time.
Everyday, from 530-630pm is his outdoor/ playground time.

Kiaseemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby StarryStarryNight » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Make your kid play a sport! Stay healthy and strong!

StarryStarryNight
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Bernard_T » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Hi! I suggest reading, writing or drawing in reference to what was read, sports and family time.

Bernard_T
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Primary 2