P3 Science Practical - Life Sciences and Physical Sciences

Academic support for Primary 3

P3 Science Practical - Life Sciences and Physical Sciences

Postby Modernbebe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi,

My daughter is in P3 and going to have her Science Practical Assessment soon. We received a letter from the school stating that both the Life Sciences and Physical Sciences will be assess.

Can anyone tell me what's Life and Physical sciences consists of? Is it under Diversity? Did anyone know how the assessments will be conducted? I'm absolutely clueless :scratchhead: and the school teacher is not helpful :frustrated:

Thanks in advance! :salute:

Modernbebe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: P3 Science Practical - Life Sciences and Physical Scienc

Postby smartmummy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Hi Modernbebe!

My son also in P3.My son school hasn't yet has this exam.But I heard from my friends that in their schools alredy finished this exam.I am not sure the title of that exam.They said that Australian exam.Probably you can seek help in "club 2002"

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Happy Mama » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi smartmummy, the Australian paper you are referring to is the ICAS paper, and yes the science paper was on 26 April 2011.

What modernbebe is referring to, is the Science practical test which usually makes up 5% of the total score at year-end. :smile:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Modernbebe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Yes, Happy Mama, you're right. I'm referring to the Science Practical Test. This practical makes up 20% of the total score at year-end. So, really need to focus as my daughter didn't do well for her SA1 :-(

Modernbebe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Happy Mama » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Modernbebe wrote:Yes, Happy Mama, you're right. I'm referring to the Science Practical Test. This practical makes up 20% of the total score at year-end. So, really need to focus as my daughter didn't do well for her SA1 :-(

:yikes: 20% is a lot! Thank goodness DD's is only 5%. 20% is very high considering it's their first exposure to Science especially practical.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Champion » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Modernbebe wrote:Hi,

My daughter is in P3 and going to have her Science Practical Assessment soon. We received a letter from the school stating that both the Life Sciences and Physical Sciences will be assess.

Can anyone tell me what's Life and Physical sciences consists of? Is it under Diversity? Did anyone know how the assessments will be conducted? I'm absolutely clueless :scratchhead: and the school teacher is not helpful :frustrated:

Thanks in advance! :salute:

:scratchhead: :scratchhead: Hi - Me also first time came across this - maybe you would like to join this thread and more parents able to help?

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 61&t=23128

And also a big :welcome: :welcome: to you! :hugs:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 pm

modernbebe,
my boy will also be having his prac test. he said will be 90% of the science paper. but the CA2 will only form 10% of the total score towards the end of the year.
what topics will your kids be covering? i think they will be having practical during lesson time, so so long they can carry out instructions and write observations and conclusions, should be ok.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Modernbebe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Happy Mama - You're right! 20% is indeed a lot and considering my girl hasn't got a chance to step in the Science Lab at all!! I think it's "normal" for me to freak out, right?? hahaha!!!

Champion - Hihi, thank you for welcoming me! :-) So nice to meet so many kind and smart mommies here! I'll check out the link you provided. Thanks, dear!

Jedamum - The problem is, we don't know what topics it'll cover in the practical assessment. The letter only written Life and Physical Sciences. It's so vague. I'm sure the kids can carry out the instructions but not sure if they can present their observations and conclusions into words.... So far, no practice/guidelines given out by the school.... Sigh...

Modernbebe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Champion » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Modernbebe wrote:Champion - Hihi, thank you for welcoming me! :-) So nice to meet so many kind and smart mommies here! I'll check out the link you provided. Thanks, dear!

:grphug: Hi there!
You most welcome! We are all here to share and learn from each other so :welcome: aboard this forum! :hugs:

Btw, do you mind let us which school your child is in? Maybe more parents will be able to help?

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Modernbebe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi Champion, my girl is at RGPS...

Modernbebe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Primary 3