How to help P3 Oral Picture Discussion & Picture Compo?

Academic support for Primary 3

How to help P3 Oral Picture Discussion & Picture Compo?

Postby Vevey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:31 pm

DS1 is ok in his usual Chinese worksheets, reading aloud etc, but he literally FREEZES when come to picture discussion & picture compo (he is more comfortable w the 命题/ 包括一句话 requirements of Higher Chinese Compo.).
He seems unable to form proper sentences to describe the pictures nor his thoughts in Chinese verbally.

As he doesn't hv tuition (yet), I wonder how I can help him on this specific areas? His 1st SA1 Oral is in 2 weeks! :?: :?:

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: How to help P3 Oral Picture Discussion & Picture Compo?

Postby Pen88n » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Given the short fortnight timeframe, I suggest you quickly get an oral book from Popular and let your DS read through those picture scenarios. Then he can at least have an idea of the common scenarios, how to describe them and even "memorise" some good sentences. A good book on this will be the Victoria / Raffles Publication (can't remember which is the one as I always mix up the 2 - you can check up these 2 and see which is better). Try the intermediate version for P3/4. Hope this helps.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Vevey » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 am

Thanks for the recommendation, already hv the p3/4 Raffles publication from his cousin. Been referring to it for phrases for compo etc.
How can I help him in long term to describe pix within a few minutes? He just hee-haw n couldn't express himself unless I spoonfeed bits by bits. In desperation,I tried letting him do on his own (swim or sink)n he took hour :slapshead: s n the output is Kindergarten std.
He is able.to read simple chapter bks in Chinese n understand most of the storyline. But he is too impatient to absorb the details, sentence structure, punctuation etc, so I tried to go thru it w [c[/color]bookhim, pointing out the details.

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby khandelwalpooja » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi,
I would like to know how to help children practice for Listening Comprehension, when the passage is being read out not by the teacher, but thro' a cd player....the words are sometimes not audible enough and the accent is also not familiar....then how do we get kids to familiarise with such accent?

Appreciate any help there...

khandelwalpooja
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Blue Pearl » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Since it had been 2 years p3/4 Raffles publication is it still relevant today and good?

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Primary 3