Recommendation for Maths Teaching Reference or Guide

Academic support for Primary 3

Recommendation for Maths Teaching Reference or Guide

Postby Bowie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:56 am

Dear Parents in KS,

Have been sending my girl to Maths Enrichments and Tuition till now. Decide to take up the challenge this year to coach her ourselves. Anyone can share if there is any Teaching Reference or Guide we can reference to so that our coaching can be more effective?

THANK U!!

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Recommendation for Maths Teaching Reference or Guide

Postby Bowie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:38 pm

Anyone?

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Bowie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Anyone?

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby peachbubble » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:42 am

Which level is your child in?

peachbubble
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Bowie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:24 am

My girl is in Primary 3. :)

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby prata_queen » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:29 am

My gal is in P1, but I have read parents who highly recommend OnSponge and Andrew Er. Check them out at Popular. Havent tried either myself though.

prata_queen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby catddy2002 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:57 am

Hi Bowie,

What I do with my DD is I use assesment book to train her concept first.
Once her concept is there, I will give her more challenging questions to do.
You have to find out the standard of your DD's school through her homeworks and tests.
My DD's school set high standard in Maths.
Their SA papers are more difficult than top school paper.
My DD could score almost 100 marks for top school past year papers but score 89 for her school paper.
Though part of it was due to her being too nervous during exam, but mostly is due to the challenging questions.
Her school SA paper has many challenging questions compare to top school papers.
I will get her to practice questions she made mistakes in her homeworks or test by changing the number in that questions.

catddy2002
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby My Learning Blocks » Mon May 04, 2015 9:34 pm

Bowie wrote:Dear Parents in KS,

Have been sending my girl to Maths Enrichments and Tuition till now. Decide to take up the challenge this year to coach her ourselves. Anyone can share if there is any Teaching Reference or Guide we can reference to so that our coaching can be more effective?

THANK U!!

I usually get an assessment book called Mathematics Tutor by CASCO for my students. For each topic, it comes with a set of teaching material and guided questions. What I really like about the book is that it comes with intensive practices for each section of the topic so that when my student finishes the entire topic, they will be very good at the topic. The answers provided at the end of the book comes with full step-by-step solutions, so it can help you with teaching your girl on how to do the questions if she meets any problems.

My Learning Blocks
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Bowie » Tue May 05, 2015 1:12 pm

A big THANK You to all of you!! Will go Popular to "shop" and practice your advice.

Bowie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Blue Pearl » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:50 pm

My Learning Blocks wrote:
Bowie wrote:Dear Parents in KS,

THANK U!!

I usually get an assessment book called Mathematics Tutor by CASCO for my students. For each topic, it comes with a set of teaching material and guided questions. What I really like about the book is that it comes with intensive practices for each section of the topic so that when my student finishes the entire topic, they will be very good at the topic. The answers provided at the end of the book comes with full step-by-step solutions, so it can help you with teaching your girl on how to do the questions if she meets any problems.

Besides Mathematics Tutor By CASCO, is ther any other books also good as this? Is the book divided by each topic. Do you have any suggestion for English & Science too. Thank you.

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Primary 3