Difference Between Foundation & Normal Stream

Academic support for Primary 4

Difference Between Foundation & Normal Stream

Postby enjie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:25 am

Hi,
May I know what is the impact if a child is asked to take foundation subjects in P5? Are the exam papers in school & PSLE for both normal & foundation streams different? Will it affect the child's selection of Secondary school?

enjie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Difference Between Foundation & Normal Stream

Postby panickymum » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 pm

enjie wrote:Hi,
May I know what is the impact if a child is asked to take foundation subjects in P5? Are the exam papers in school & PSLE for both normal & foundation streams different? Will it affect the child's selection of Secondary school?

Hi
Yes ,they are different paper in PSLE. I heard from my dd principal , some students offering 1 or 2foundation paper still able to go to Express stream . As to how they calculate I'm not sure . Perhaps can ask the school principal
It may be good if the child is struggling with that subject. So not necessary taking normal paper is gd . The child can even be happier and find interest in that subject
Approach your school teacher or principal , they will definitely happy to tell you more .

panickymum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Difference Between Foundation & Normal Stream

Postby chuaty » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:36 pm

panickymum wrote:
enjie wrote:Hi,

Hi
Yes ,they are different paper in PSLE. I heard from my dd principal , some students offering 1 or 2foundation paper still able to go to Express stream . As to how they calculate I'm not sure . Perhaps can ask the school principal
It may be good if the child is struggling with that subject. So not necessary taking normal paper is gd . The child can even be happier and find interest in that subject
Approach your school teacher or principal , they will definitely happy to tell you more .

if all EMS and MT are foundation subjects, it will be Normal Tech.
if foundation Maths, it will b Normal Acad or Tech.

chuaty
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary 4