teacher showing unprofessional behaviour

Academic support for Primary 4

teacher showing unprofessional behaviour

Postby karenmok » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi,
This teacher of DD has been behaving in an unprofessional manner. She has a definite set of favorite students who get all the attention and prise, even if they are sent for remedial classes. Other students who are actually better than her favorite get a raw deal.
I feel like complaining to the principal but am trying to explore less aggresive measures first.
What say kiasu parents?

karenmok
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: teacher showing unprofessional behaviour

Postby Happyparent222 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:40 pm

I thought favoritism is quite common in school?
I often heard my boy said his teachers like who and who
because the boy or girl always scored full marks and I believed teachers like those students who don't give them any problem.

Hope to hear from other parents too..

Happyparent222
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby rains » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:50 pm

hi,

I suggest you hold the horses.
It's only human to have favourites. I wouldn't be too hang up on that as long as my kid is not shortchanged on the more important matters.

I recall having an art tutor who favoured the only guy in the class. Whatever the guy drew, painted or critiqued, he was always 'excellent'. The choice of colours was always praiseworthy. His name was the only name she remembered. We said that his fart must also be fragrant to the tutor. But as long as the tutor was fair to the rest of us when it comes to grading, nobody faulted her.

rains
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:57 pm

karenmok wrote:Hi,
This teacher of DD has been behaving in an unprofessional manner. She has a definite set of favorite students who get all the attention and prise, even if they are sent for remedial classes. Other students who are actually better than her favorite get a raw deal.
I feel like complaining to the principal but am trying to explore less aggresive measures first.
What say kiasu parents?

How does that affect your child? Can quote any example of the raw deal?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby octoberbaby » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:28 am

karenmok wrote:Hi,
What say kiasu parents?

I was behaving like that when my kids were in pri sch. Now age is older, when I think back, guess I was not so mature at that time.

Aiyah, let it go lah. It is all humans behavior. Not only in school, at home also what. If there are 3 kids at home, don't tell me there is no favoritism ?

octoberbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:19 am

favouritism isn't uncommon at home and at the workplace...vibes between human n human are unfathomable...

but if it's something academic (i.e. core hardskills/knowledge that ALL kids are ENTITLED to) that your child has been deprived of/shortchanged due to her biasness, you need to flag out.

Jokingly: how about giving her a big angpow and some juicy kumquats next week to test if she will give your child preferential treatment? :siam:

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:24 am

jetsetter wrote:favouritism isn't uncommon at home and at the workplace...vibes between human n human are unfathomable...

but if it's something academic (i.e. core hardskills/knowledge that ALL kids are ENTITLED to) that your child has been deprived of/shortchanged due to her biasness, you need to flag out.

favouritism happens...it's the chemistry between people playing.
I have 2 kids...while I try not to show favouritism, I know I am still guilty. I have a soft spot for my daughter...she is considerate and caring and knows what I am thinking without me saying. for my son, I do feel heartache when he has to study so late and having so many operations since birth.
sorry off topic.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary 4