- deleted cos posted in wrong thread--

joyceeLam
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Q&A - P5 Science

Post by joyceeLam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

LarryKoh221 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:42 am
Will like to recommend my current science tutor Mr Cheah who conducts group tuition over at his place over at Seng Kang. He is very experienced, being a former teacher who left quite a number of years back to focus on giving science tuition. My son (who is in p5) is the type where he is able to learn better in a group setting as he gets bored with 1-1 tuition. After engaging a few 1-1 tutors, decided to give a shot at group, and since his place is walking distance from my place decided to give it a shot. After a few sessions, my son seems to enjoy his group class, and managed to find study buddies for his class (there were 2 other boys in the class he attends). He also managed to pass his latest science test with a B grade (previously he only managed to scrap by or just failed). Even though it is still early days, but I am impressed by how my son has performed. His fees are also much more affordable than having 1-1 tuition which helps me a lot, but most importantly is that the learning environment seems to fit my son. If any of you are interested, can pm me so i can give you his contact. Happy sunday all!
Hey Larry, looks like we got the same tutor! Yes Mr Cheah is very experienced and was able to focus on the sections that matters (open ended one), and focus on answering using the right words/phrases. My son has been with him for close to 1.5 years, with him this year going to PSLE. It was the first time he got a 8x after moving up from a late 6x since P5. Right now he has greater confidence with the upcoming PSLE. Yes do all other mummies and daddies in the forum, if you need a good and responsible science tutor, you can check with Mr Cheah at 8139 3075.

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by xueyan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 am

Can help on this? The answer is 2

WWsylvia
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by WWsylvia » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Deleted
Last edited by WWsylvia on Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iluvmygals
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by Iluvmygals » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:57 pm

xueyan wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 am

Look at the direction of the batteries. Only in 2 the batteries balance out in opposite direction...The rest current would flow from positive to negative in the direction of the stronger batteries

.zeit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by .zeit » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:06 pm

xueyan wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:36 am

(1) and (3) are immediately eliminated as there's a closed circuit which allows EC to flow through.

(4) looks deceptively like the correct answer at first, but don't forget the extreme right battery's + terminal faces + terminal of the existing battery in above diagram, so they 'cancel' out each other. The remaining 2 extreme right and middle ones form a closed circuit and EC can still flow thru to light the bulb.

(2) EC will flow thru the middle and extreme right battery, but the problem is the extreme left battery's + terminal faces the + terminal of the existing battery in above diagram. The bulb in (2) will not light up.

So the answer is (2).
Last edited by .zeit on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

.zeit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by .zeit » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:07 pm

WWsylvia wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:50 pm
Something is wrong with this question. 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all answers. All the 4 arrangements of batteries will cause the bulb to not light up.

You can easily test this out at home if you have bulb, 4 batteries and wires with crocodile clips.
Nothing wrong. There's such a thing called bypass.

xueyan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by xueyan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:13 pm

Zeit, can you very kindly explain more about bypass?

All the while i thought only + - + - + - will work.

Thanks!

.zeit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by .zeit » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:20 pm

xueyan wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:13 pm
Zeit, can you very kindly explain more about bypass?

All the while i thought only + - + - + - will work.

Thanks!
out of pri syllabus, sorry...

but I believe school will teach them + facing + or - facing -, the EC can still flow thru, i.e. circuit is still closed.

paithorn
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by paithorn » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:09 pm

Hi, any one with recommendation for a good science tutor for P5 next year? Thank you