Anyone has kid that are p5 in 2010?

Academic support for Primary 5
i-mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by i-mum » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 am

I think the average number of assessment books required for preparing PSLE is about 5 each for Maths and Science.[/quote]

Hi James,

Do you mean 5 books for whole year :?

Thks!

sssdarlings
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by sssdarlings » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm

I recommend FAN Maths for building a good foundation in Maths.[/quote]

Yes, thank you for bringing up that series. They are great for heuristic questions.

sssdarlings
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by sssdarlings » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:52 pm

i-mum wrote:I think the average number of assessment books required for preparing PSLE is about 5 each for Maths and Science.
Hi James,

Do you mean 5 books for whole year :?

Thks![/quote]

Instead of buying all at one go, I would most go for 2 books at a time. One for paper 1 and another for word problems. Once these are completed by mid year or even earlier (wishful thinking here ;)) then I'd go stock up.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by carebear » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:09 pm

JonC wrote:WOW :shock: 8 :!: :udawoman: or :udaman:

Lucky I do not have a parent who buys me 8 assessment book for 1 subject. :faint:
What if your parent gave you free internet access time to any game you want to play (eg wolf team) and unlimited xbox time after you have finished your work?
And buy you game cards if you do well in your school work?
And let you do anything you want (except misbehaving) during the school holidays?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by phankao » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:01 pm

carebear wrote:What if your parent gave you free internet access time to any game you want to play (eg wolf team) and unlimited xbox time after you have finished your work?
And buy you game cards if you do well in your school work?
And let you do anything you want (except misbehaving) during the school holidays?
It still doesn't work with my ds. I tried - even with 1 assessment book. So it depends on the child too. Ok, maybe I have an exceptionally special one - dunno what kind of special. hahaha!!!

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Hello all

Our P5 children are going back to school tomolo...

I am so guilty that my child has not touched chinese since the term closed....How about you mum?

sbchew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sbchew » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:15 am

My son is P5 this year. His CMT Comprehension is weak. Recently in CA1, he scored 20.5 of 44. Not sure how to help him. Can anyone advise please? Thanks

SUPERLADY
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

suggestion for english tution

Post by SUPERLADY » Tue May 04, 2010 11:35 am

hi,
can any one suggest me some english tution for p5 near tiong bahru or outram park or china town or nearby vicinity.he scored 75 in his ca but still need to push a little till 85 so pls help me.
thanks

i-mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by i-mum » Wed May 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi parents,

May I know how you manage to revise the subjects for your dd and ds? I found it hard as almost everyday, my dd has plenty of homework to finish :?:

i-mum

Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by Brenda10 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:50 pm

i-mum wrote:Hi parents,

May I know how you manage to revise the subjects for your dd and ds? I found it hard as almost everyday, my dd has plenty of homework to finish :?:

i-mum
HI i-mum

For Maths and Science revision, we would separate the respective past year test papers into two sets and practice it in different day whenever the school works are not that much.

Maths Paper 1 – Section A & B
Maths Paper 2 – Short Answer/Long Answer

Science Booklet A - MCQ*
Science Booklet B – Open-ended Question*

*Only work on topics that cover for Exam

Hope the info. useful.