Anyone has kid that are p5 in 2010?

Academic support for Primary 5
i-mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by i-mum » Thu May 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks Brenda10. I'll try your method. She needs to stay long hour in school also an issue (3 times per week for extra lessons and CCA).

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:37 pm

Hello mummies

How are you spending time with your p5 child this holidays?Anyone going away for a short break?

regards
Lynn2

Tang
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Tang » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Pandan Cake, the younger sister of Vanilla Cake, is in P5. She is so smart - scored full marks for P5 Science SA1 MCQ.

My sister is also in P5 this year. She is quite 'sotong' - can even get confused with Freezing and Boiling points - to decide on the state of matter and lose 2 marks for this simple MCQ.

MOE Hater
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MOE Hater » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Tang wrote:Pandan Cake, the younger sister of Vanilla Cake, is in P5. She is so smart - scored full marks for P5 Science SA1 MCQ.

My sister is also in P5 this year. She is quite 'sotong' - can even get confused with Freezing and Boiling points - to decide on the state of matter and lose 2 marks for this simple MCQ.
I suppose she can get confused with numbers. Is her maths weak? Maybe that's the problem.

P.S. I got 60/60 for my P5 SA1 MCQ as well. I got 97/100 for that paper. I got 74.5/100 for this year (P6) SA1 but that's another story

Tang
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Tang » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm

What a drastic difference - 97 (A*) v 74.5 (B)? What has gone wrong? The change from P5 to P6 should not be that drastic, shouldn't it?

MOE Hater
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MOE Hater » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks, I will take that as a compliment. Though i must say there was a drastic difference in top score. This paper was only 85.5. There were a few quite difficult questions and without knowing i spent too much time trying to answer them. :idea: I could not check MCQ and got 52 and on top of that I did not mention plenty of key points in my answers(i got the difficult questions wrong as well). :roll: I am appling for DSA to nush as I have done decently in math olympiads but now when they see I actually got a B for Science I don't think they will even consider me. :(
I think it just goes to show that time management is essential (i am a slow worker :lol: ) and it does not pay to be complacent.

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi

You can always have another chance to prove yourself and used psle results to apply for your dream school.

My friend dd, pri five sci, 95 and in pri 6, also dropped to 80.I believe in exam conditions, esp mcq.

cheers

Lynn2

MOE Hater
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MOE Hater » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks. That really brought a smile to my face, especially to hear I am not alone in this. I hope your friend's dd does not take it to hard but is instead is inspired to work harder.

P.S. is your friend's dd in Henry Park Primary School?

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Lynn2 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Are you from hp?

No, she is from tao nan.

All her subjects are in 90s except science.

Just wonder, do u believe in mcq not only based on factual understanding, skill and some elements of luck too.

Cheers
Lynn2

MOE Hater
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MOE Hater » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:09 pm

No, I am not from hp. I have a couple of friends who simply won't stop whining how difficult their Science paper was.