Anyone has kid that are p5 in 2010?

Academic support for Primary 5
happiest
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by happiest » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi,

My son will also be doing PSLE next year. I have started revising Pr 3 & Pr 4 science. He is also doing maths almost everyday.

He needs to work harder bec he was only producing average results in Pr 4 and Pr 5.

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Joy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi,

I believe all mummies and children in pri five and six know the importance of working hard cos psle is a nation exam.

All the best.

Cheers

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:57 pm

PSLE is a critical exam but building up and preparing for it is equally impt to reach the peak.

sharmila
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by sharmila » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Dear Parents whose kids are in P5 this year and parents whose child has been doing well all year through. Do share your successful stories on how you have prepared your child.

Do you send your DS/DD to classes before entering P5? How about assessment books? What do you start of with? Understand that the subject jump, especially for Maths is really much tougher than P4. I have not touched any of the P5 books yet but rather getting my boy to complete the p4 past exam papers. What is the wise preparation? Do share your thoughts.

Thanks!

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:08 pm

sharmila wrote:Dear Parents whose kids are in P5 this year and parents whose child has been doing well all year through. Do share your successful stories on how you have prepared your child.

Do you send your DS/DD to classes before entering P5? How about assessment books? What do you start of with? Understand that the subject jump, especially for Maths is really much tougher than P4. I have not touched any of the P5 books yet but rather getting my boy to complete the p4 past exam papers. What is the wise preparation? Do share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Yes, please share with us. How do you get through P5 ? It's a whole lot of new concepts and experience esp Science...went through his textbook this morn and was really frightened by the contents in it.
It was tough in the early part of this year when teachers literally piled on homework everyday and the whole family had to help him complete the non-critical ones. The plan for the month of Dec is to finish up the remaining P4 assessment books.

2DMommy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by 2DMommy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:25 pm

What are the Science topics that will be taught in P5 and any idea which topic will come first? When can they start using the calculator?

MoonFlower
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MoonFlower » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 pm

[quote="2DMommy"]What are the Science topics that will be taught in P5 and any idea which topic will come first? When can they start using the calculator?[/quote

For science which topic to be teach depend on individual school as there are a few diff set of text books. Calculator should be from term1 but only some questions then you can use calculator usually the worksheets will indicate or the teachers will tell the students.

Publica
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by Publica » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:43 pm

sharmila wrote:
Dear Parents whose kids are in P5 this year and parents whose child has been doing well all year through. Do share your successful stories on how you have prepared your child.

Thanks!

janet_lee88 wrote:
Yes, please share with us. How do you get through P5 ? It's a whole lot of new concepts and experience esp Science...went through his textbook this morn and was really frightened by the contents in it.
It was tough in the early part of this year when teachers literally piled on homework everyday and the whole family had to help him complete the non-critical ones. The plan for the month of Dec is to finish up the remaining P4 assessment books.

My DS is in P5 this year. Well, I have to say that it has been a very hectic year for all of us. As he performed well in P4, we basically did not do much during his P4 holidays apart from continuing with his Chinese tuition, which is his weakest subject.
For P5, it was really tough and he has to stay up till 12am to finish his school homework on some days. We somehow managed to keep up to date with the assessment books topic by topic and doing practice papers prior to CAs and SAs. DS managed to do well throughout the year, although I would say that a large part of it is hard work and discipline both from DS and myself (my part is easier, just planning and supervising). I feel that it is important to stay consistent and up to date in P5 in order to excel.
We are now looking forward to the bigger challenge i.e. PSLE next year.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Publica wrote:
sharmila wrote:
Thanks!

janet_lee88 wrote:

For P5, it was really tough and he has to stay up till 12am to finish his school homework on some days. We somehow managed to keep up to date with the assessment books topic by topic and doing practice papers prior to CAs and SAs. DS managed to do well throughout the year, although I would say that a large part of it is hard work and discipline both from DS and myself (my part is easier, just planning and supervising). I feel that it is important to stay consistent and up to date in P5 in order to excel.
We are now looking forward to the bigger challenge i.e. PSLE next year.

Staying up till 12 midnight to finish homework ? That's scary. I think it will happen to my son next year. Like you, I'll be doing the planning & supervising...as well finding suitable guide books. I agree with you, consistency is very important. All the best for next year...with such a good foundation, your son's PSLE should be no prob.

Publica
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by Publica » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi Janet,

Thanks and all the best to you too!