Anyone has kid that are p5 in 2010?

Academic support for Primary 5
kittybank
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by kittybank » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Brenda10 wrote:
Hifive wrote:Hi Brenda10

Can you pls pm me on where to get this Pure Cod Liver Oil? Is this in capsule? Thanks.

Hi Hifive

Sure.

Dear Brenda10,

I would like to know the brand too? Could you pm me? Thanks a million!

Wormy

Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by Brenda10 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:50 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:'Step by Step' a must every year...as well as 'Score in Math'. Now finishing up P4 Maths 100+ by Henry Lee. Don't know what to expect next year. :?:

Hi Janet

I remembered you mention that you're looking for Step by Step by Simon Eio - P5 right? I saw it at Tiong Bahru Popular Book shop today.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Brenda10 wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:'Step by Step' a must every year...as well as 'Score in Math'. Now finishing up P4 Maths 100+ by Henry Lee. Don't know what to expect next year. :?:

Hi Janet

I remembered you mention that you're looking for Step by Step by Simon Eio - P5 right? I saw it at Tiong Bahru Popular Book shop today.

Hi Brenda,
Thanks for remembering that...I was looking for Step-by-Step problem solving using models, but it's avail only for P1-3. Looks like I have to find another author for P5/6...unless models are no longer used for upper primary which shouldn't be the case right ?
:?

Brenda10
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Post by Brenda10 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:
Brenda10 wrote:

Hi Janet

Hi Brenda,
Thanks for remembering that...I was looking for Step-by-Step problem solving using models, but it's avail only for P1-3. Looks like I have to find another author for P5/6...unless models are no longer used for upper primary which shouldn't be the case right ?
:?

Hi Janet

Sorry for the late reply as we just back home.

I saw this Step by Step problem solving using models are from P1 up to P6.

Thank you

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi Brenda,
I called but 'Step by Step. Problem-solving using Models' available for P1-3 only. In any case, thanks.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:8

Post by phankao » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:09 pm

What do you all use for Chinese/HCL to improve paper 2 especially?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:30 am

phankao wrote:What do you all use for Chinese/HCL to improve paper 2 especially?

For my son, his weak areas are duan3 wen2 tian2 kong1 and open ended compre...so I get assessment books with these 2 areas esp...not too difficult since kids already dislike Chinese. What I bought are also trial and error.

These are the titles I just bought:
1) Primary 5 Chinese Comprehension (Casco)
2) Primary 5 Chinese Topical Enrichment Exercises
3) Primary 5A/B Chinese Topical Exercises

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phankao » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:28 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:
phankao wrote:What do you all use for Chinese/HCL to improve paper 2 especially?

For my son, his weak areas are duan3 wen2 tian2 kong1 and open ended compre...so I get assessment books with these 2 areas esp...not too difficult since kids already dislike Chinese. What I bought are also trial and error.

These are the titles I just bought:
1) Primary 5 Chinese Comprehension (Casco)
2) Primary 5 Chinese Topical Enrichment Exercises
3) Primary 5A/B Chinese Topical Exercises

Er... but my son likes Chinese lah. He said the "defeat compre" book that one of the mothers recommended on this same thread of disccusion earlier is "easy". I spent like an hour at Popular yesterday looking and couldn't find any assessment books that say "challenging". Even when I just look the HCL books. What's the word for "challenging" in Chinese?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:04 am

Hi phankao,
You are fortunate your son likes Chinese. Do you get SAP assessment books for your son ? I know there are some which are rather tricky.
You may want to look at this title, 'Higher Chinese Topical Revision'
https://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/product/ ... 001=86370#

This title also by SAP. Avail in A/B. 'Primary 5A/B Higher Chinese Topical Enrichment Exercises'
https://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/product/ ... d001=88681

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phankao » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:53 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:Hi phankao,
You are fortunate your son likes Chinese. Do you get SAP assessment books for your son ? I know there are some which are rather tricky.
You may want to look at this title, 'Higher Chinese Topical Revision'
https://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/product/ ... 001=86370#

This title also by SAP. Avail in A/B. 'Primary 5A/B Higher Chinese Topical Enrichment Exercises'
https://www.popular.com.sg/jsp/product/ ... d001=88681

My son is in p6 next year (this is the p5 2010 thread, right?). In the end, I bought 1 intensive revision book for HCL by Victoria Publications and another HCL Comprehension by EPB(or is it EPH) bc they looked the most sensible. I don't really know how to look. Maybe I should ask one of those Chinese teachers if they recommend any particular books.

Haha - it was so funny, one of the books by Victoria, i almost bought it bc I got that for him too in p2 bc it showed a character on the book cover playing erhu. And then coincidentally the p6 book also showed a similar character playing erhu, but I ditched it in favour of the "intensive" one. The other reason was, the character on the cover was playing the erhu the WRONG way!!!!!!!!!!! *haha* That really put me off so totally. :wink:

Is SAP supposed to be better? I think I looked thru all the books available at Popular. Didn't quite strike me though. I saw some "hua yu guan jun" books though, but it looked a little gimmicky instead.