2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby ss2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 am

Hi zeemimi, can also pm me the RGPS SA2 paper please? Thank you

ss2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby Ksptan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:46 am

Hi zeemimi, can pm me the RGPS SA2 paper please ?

Ksptan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby Estéema » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 pm

I understand from Nan Hua teacher that all schools exchange Prelim papers & it is up to each school and subj Heads what they want to use for their school's P6 practice towards PSLE.

Estéema
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 am
Total Likes: 9


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby Ksptan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Estéema wrote:I understand from Nan Hua teacher that all schools exchange Prelim papers & it is up to each school and subj Heads what they want to use for their school's P6 practice towards PSLE.

Nan hua is a good sch which produces great result every years, and teachers are responsible
Not so for neighborhood schs, especially for the lousy class. :sad:

Ksptan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby MrsKiasu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:13 pm

mommyNg wrote:
lee_yl wrote:Hi all,
The correct answer should be able to squeeze in 132 cubes.

Tricky part is that one intends to overlook the few 1cm 1cm gaps.

4 mark question usually should solve within how many minutes?


Ya, quite tricky.... I have to calculate 2 sections separately and then add them up... :sweat: the problem with exam is that you don't have a lot of time to think for each question ...


me worst, need to chop it into 4 sections then add up :laugh: ..think for the ctr block of 4cm to 6cm cubes, will still give same ans ie 4 cubes out per layer...

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8933
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:15 pm
Total Likes: 7
1 people like this post



Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby Estéema » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Ksptan wrote:
Estéema wrote:I understand from Nan Hua teacher that all schools exchange Prelim papers & it is up to each school and subj Heads what they want to use for their school's P6 practice towards PSLE.

Nan hua is a good sch which produces great result every years, and teachers are responsible
Not so for neighborhood schs, especially for the lousy class. :sad:


If anyone hv the Nan Hua papers, please share.

Thank you.

Estéema
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 am
Total Likes: 9


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby lee_yl » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:40 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
mommyNg wrote:
lee_yl wrote:Hi all,
The correct answer should be able to squeeze in 132 cubes.

Tricky part is that one intends to overlook the few 1cm 1cm gaps.

4 mark question usually should solve within how many minutes?


Ya, quite tricky.... I have to calculate 2 sections separately and then add them up... :sweat: the problem with exam is that you don't have a lot of time to think for each question ...


me worst, need to chop it into 4 sections then add up :laugh: ..think for the ctr block of 4cm to 6cm cubes, will still give same ans ie 4 cubes out per layer...


Cannot get it correct on first try or within 2-3mins, don't worry, many of DD1 classmates also got this wrong. :lol:
First look at question like very easy hor.
I also segment it up. :lol:
If we don't use Esteema's formula, don't think we can solve it within 2-3mins.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5766
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:37 pm
Total Likes: 81


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby zeemimi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks to a mummy here for helping me to send out the RGPS science paper. I was only able to send out the paper (with no answers) to some who have given me their email. I don't know how to send the paper via PM in this forum. Kindly do not post the entire paper on this forum cos don't want to get anyone into trouble.
My DC is not from RGPS, so i don't have RGPS math / english / MT papers.
i do not log in to this forum often as I'm busy with work. Hence my response to PMs is erratic.
Just rather amused with the hype over RGPS papers. I think other GEP schools' papers on this website http://www.sgtestpaper.com/primary/y17p6_all.html are comparable. In fact, the hype over GEP schools' papers are sometimes overrated. I've seen neighbourhood schools' papers. Some of the papers are more difficult that the GEP schools' papers. This is based on my comparison of different school papers for the last 8 years.
All the best for PSLE!

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2106
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 pm
Total Likes: 47


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby my_little_rainbow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 am

Anyone of u hv materials/links to prepare for listening comprehension? Tks

my_little_rainbow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 6:47 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: 2017 PSLE Discussions and Strategies

Postby ss2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:59 am

my_little_rainbow wrote:Anyone of u hv materials/links to prepare for listening comprehension? Tks


https://www.openschoolbag.com.sg/produc ... -package-6

this book is good.Have 9 exercises comes with audio CD.Available in popular-but too last minute to buy

ss2
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE