2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
tryourbest
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:12

Re: 2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Post by tryourbest » Thu May 16, 2019 11:42 am

Ive no idea what's their log in pw...need to check with them when they return from sch... :cry:

all these years I always book on day 1...this is the only year I literally forgot about it! :stupid:
Last edited by tryourbest on Thu May 16, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:167

Post by phtthp » Thu May 16, 2019 11:52 am

Bochapmum3 wrote: Any of your DC’s school set killer papers for this SA1?
some primary schools like Henry Park : are still having SA1 into next week (Tuesday and Wednesday), after Vesak public holiday. The students are having Mother Tongue next Tuesday (21.05.19) and taking Science paper next Wednesday (22.05.19), because they just started English Main written paper 2 late today, Thursday (16.05.19) and Maths tomorrow Friday (17.05.19)

https://henryparkpri.moe.edu.sg/qql/slo ... r.docx.pdf

so, let's discuss which school set what subject SA1 killer papers and set what kind of challenging questions asked, perhaps after all the primary schools had completed their SA1 and after all the exam scripts marked had been returned back to P6 students (parents), for verification (checking, adding up of Total marks, per paper sat for), and to analyse where are the cracks and the missing gaps.

Anyway, some schools' HODs are going to release the marked exam scripts late, back to students. Hence, photostating vendors will not be able to lay hands so fast yet, on various schools' 2019 P6 SA1 papers, to make printing business $.
Last edited by phtthp on Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:48

Post by Estéema » Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Yes, that’s what the vendors do. They’ll try quickly to collect the papers. I rmbr they chase ppl who are willing to contribute their child’s exams paper & will give u a good discount or set of u help collect a min order, then send to yr home FOC for all Prelim papers they’ve. You can call jeremyexampapers by early Sept. We got the set & practice in Sept just before PSLE.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Thu May 16, 2019 12:30 pm

yes, many of us preparing for the next coming Prelim (start end of July or early August 2019) : will need to refer to other schools' 2019 SA1 papers, as well.

for Maths : no more new topics in Term 3. Prelim SA2 Maths topics are identical to SA1 topics

for Science : 2 more new topics added for Prelim are, Adaptation and Man's environment

Term 4 : PSLE begin

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Thu May 16, 2019 3:29 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:52 am
MrsKiasu wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 am
yay mummies, can start take a small break this weekend :rahrah:
long week end coming ...
SA1 ends today or tomorrow for most pri sch :rahrah:
hahaha ! Just now after school dismissed 1.30 pm, some of my kid's school-mates went off to watch doggie show at cinema, "a Dog's Journey" (sequel to 2017 movie, "a Dog's Purpose"). In China, the 2017 movie was a big sell out. If you're a dog lover, do watch :-)

acechinese
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by acechinese » Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi parents....if your child do need any help in preparing for their PSLE Chinese, do give me a email to discuss..
ace4chinese@gmail.com
june holidays is the best time to brush up on the Chinese vocab and preparation for the Oral in August.

sweetbaby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:12

Post by sweetbaby » Thu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Estéema wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Yes, that’s what the vendors do. They’ll try quickly to collect the papers. I rmbr they chase ppl who are willing to contribute their child’s exams paper & will give u a good discount or set of u help collect a min order, then send to yr home FOC for all Prelim papers they’ve. You can call jeremyexampapers by early Sept. We got the set & practice in Sept just before PSLE.
This is for Prelims papers? How about SA1 papers? thx u

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:15

Post by laughingcat » Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:11 pm
Estéema wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm
Good to sensitize kids to be neat so they leave no ambiguity. That’s one of those things I teach my kids fr young. Harder if they alr developed as habit for long time.
Esteema, when my DS told me that their teacher introduced OAS concept to them this year, I was kiasu wanted to download + print out and train him to shade properly. Using ruler line by line to make sure no row omitted. But...could not find a good clear and free OAS for parents to print for home use. So I left it to the teachers to teach and nag (they get practices in school).

If u have any website to share for printing OAS please let me know haha.
Zac's mum, you can request an extra copy from the teacher. I did that.

Also sometime the kids brought back home for homework. Just nice it was not shaded. I scanned and save a copy.

At home, during revision, I made my DS do it with OAS. Practise makes perfect.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Fri May 17, 2019 12:02 am

Estéema wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Yes, that’s what the vendors do. They’ll try quickly to collect the papers. I rmbr they chase ppl who are willing to contribute their child’s exams paper & will give u a good discount or set of u help collect a min order, then send to yr home FOC for all Prelim papers they’ve.

You can call jeremyexampapers by early Sept. We got the set & practice in Sept just before PSLE.
Note

Last year, even in september 2018 : think jeremyexampapers only managed to print up to certain schools prelim papers only, but not all the schools that some of us looking for, because some schools hod did not release nor returned back to their p6 students, until very very late

Imp75
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by Imp75 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 am

My approach was quite contrarian last year. I did not buy any of the prelims papers and neither do I attempt to let my gals try. What I did was to exchange papers (only M and S) with a mummy with kids from a neighbourhood sch. I think this is to realistically see or feel what kind of questions might be expected for the larger masses. Not to sound offensive, sometimes I feel top sch papers esp Science are badly set and the answer scheme may not be correct therefore making a simple question look so complex and kids to overthink. I think last year PSLE the question about two material floating or sinking illustrates this point how a simple question can be thought out of context. Coincidentally my niece enrolled into a branded science enrichment program and I was appalled at the kind of science questions given. To me, the overstretching seems to make science more complicated than it should be at P6 level. So parents please be very careful when giving science papers or coaching science. We kept it simple and we’re thankful the gals did well in PSLE