2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
patlsy79
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Re: 2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Post by patlsy79 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:43 pm

Can the kid wear watch?

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:56

Post by sembgal » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm

phtthp wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm
MrsKiasu wrote:
whenever I feel anxious, dd will tell me to chill :sweat: ..I guess by not bothering her, I hope she able to manage her stress better? I also not sure if I m doing the correct thing..like yesterday, she spent quite a lot of time to unwind watching tv with her sis..told me later in evening she wants to go out jog and I told her better dont..better to avoid mosquitoes..then she say ok go gym then. but late evening she started her revision and dont want go out anymore..for me, keep asking her to go and sleep, I also feel like so naggy..just let her lor, I went to bed first.
Does your girl take nap in the afternoon ?

Their body hormones changing. Last time my kid hardly nap, but from this year P6 onwards, come back home, she must nap in the afternoon, said tired
Yes, my dd takes a nap every afternoon before doing her school homework.

Tomorrow dd is having Chinese Oral and I can only pray for luck. The exam luck to meet the right examiner is so important.

Chinese Prelim results released so late by the school this time and I am not sure if school Teachers purposely gave lower than mid year score to make them or make parents ganjiong.

lego
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by lego » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 pm

patlsy79 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:43 pm
Can the kid wear watch?
Hope your child is feeling better.
Normal watch should be ok, but not smart watches.

Cut and Paste from Page 7 of the PSLE 2019 instructions for candidates:

"Do not have in your possession any unauthorised electronic, communication,entertainment or gaming devices* capable of capturing, storing, displaying and/or transmitting visual, audio or verbal information within the
examination premises (e.g. Examination room / hall, quarantine room, waiting room).

* Examples of unauthorised devices include, but are not limited to, mobile phones, cameras, tablets, power
banks, wired and wireless ear-pieces / earphones, smart wrist watches, fitness trackers, smart glasses, and pens
with image capturing capabilities.

https://www-seab-gov-sg-admin.cwp.sg/do ... -exams.pdf

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:47 pm

patlsy79 wrote:
Can the kid wear watch?
I just get a watch for dd.. if cannot bring her just leave it in hall lor.

Tomorrow bring ezlink, entry proof, some stationaries, water bottle plus a watch..I saw it in dd's bag..guess that's it yeah..

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:52 pm

sembgal wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm
phtthp wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm
MrsKiasu wrote:
whenever I feel anxious, dd will tell me to chill :sweat: ..I guess by not bothering her, I hope she able to manage her stress better? I also not sure if I m doing the correct thing..like yesterday, she spent quite a lot of time to unwind watching tv with her sis..told me later in evening she wants to go out jog and I told her better dont..better to avoid mosquitoes..then she say ok go gym then. but late evening she started her revision and dont want go out anymore..for me, keep asking her to go and sleep, I also feel like so naggy..just let her lor, I went to bed first.
Does your girl take nap in the afternoon ?

Their body hormones changing. Last time my kid hardly nap, but from this year P6 onwards, come back home, she must nap in the afternoon, said tired
Yes, my dd takes a nap every afternoon before doing her school homework.

Tomorrow dd is having Chinese Oral and I can only pray for luck. The exam luck to meet the right examiner is so important.

Chinese Prelim results released so late by the school this time and I am not sure if school Teachers purposely gave lower than mid year score to make them or make parents ganjiong.
think our school exceptionally nice..I was at the canteen that day..heard them talking..woah like quite many got full marks esp for Eng.. dunno how true cannot verify (just eavesdropping la)..I m abit worry..dd told me to go out from her room dont disturb her..I guess she ganjiong too.

tryourbest
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:14

Post by tryourbest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:12 pm

Ask your dd to zzz earlier tonight :) tomoro important day

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 pm

tryourbest wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:12 pm
tomorrow yours is first session..sleep already? I went in like 10mins ago she says 5 more mins..actually can just close everything and pretend already know all la hor else like cannot finish like that..I went in earlier asked her if she is ganjiong and I kept shaking my hands and legs pretend shivering teasing her and she asked me to go out dont disturb her.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by MyPillow » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 pm
tryourbest wrote:
tomorrow yours is first session..sleep already? I went in like 10mins ago she says 5 more mins..actually can just close everything and pretend already know all la hor else like cannot finish like that..I went in earlier asked her if she is ganjiong and I kept shaking my hands and legs pretend shivering teasing her and she asked me to go out dont disturb her.
Hahaha Mrs ks , u very “ fan” lei, lor Lee lor Soh too :lol:
Ur dd behaviour is like a Sec 4 teen, asking parent to leave the room , quiet so can focus to study - with ear buds in ears for music etc
My boy got no such patterns when he was in p6 lei, mayb boy ripening age n mental is later .

Rest well, treat it like a normal prelim , oral exMiners are friendly to kids.

Good luck to all P6!
A cup Bubble tea after one oral - sweeten mind n mouth ...? haha

patlsy79
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by patlsy79 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 pm

lego wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 pm
patlsy79 wrote:
Can the kid wear watch?
Hope your child is feeling better.
Normal watch should be ok, but not smart watches.

Cut and Paste from Page 7 of the PSLE 2019 instructions for candidates:

"Do not have in your possession any unauthorised electronic, communication,entertainment or gaming devices* capable of capturing, storing, displaying and/or transmitting visual, audio or verbal information within the
examination premises (e.g. Examination room / hall, quarantine room, waiting room).

* Examples of unauthorised devices include, but are not limited to, mobile phones, cameras, tablets, power
banks, wired and wireless ear-pieces / earphones, smart wrist watches, fitness trackers, smart glasses, and pens
with image capturing capabilities.

https://www-seab-gov-sg-admin.cwp.sg/do ... -exams.pdf
Yes much better today thanks. She slept at 9pm , she will be in 2nd session so hopefully she will be allright after tonight! My hub asked her to tell examiner that she is unwell so pardon her if doesnt speak clearly, hopefully can gain some symphaty marks on this hahah!! :p

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:49 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 pm
MrsKiasu wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:29 pm
tryourbest wrote:
Hahaha Mrs ks , u very “ fan” lei, lor Lee lor Soh too :lol:
Ur dd behaviour is like a Sec 4 teen, asking parent to leave the room , quiet so can focus to study - with ear buds in ears for music etc
My boy got no such patterns when he was in p6 lei, mayb boy ripening age n mental is later .

Rest well, treat it like a normal prelim , oral exMiners are friendly to kids.

Good luck to all P6!
A cup Bubble tea after one oral - sweeten mind n mouth ...? haha
mp I think dd is ganjiong lei :sweat: still not sleeping asked me to wake her up at 6..I was planning 8..dont have enough sleep jialat right..she been sleeping 5/6 hrs these few days aiyoyo