Q&A - PSLE Science

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
ljfeng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Re: Q&A - PSLE Science

Post by ljfeng » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Got the following from a teacher friend undergoing Primary School Science training: Common Misconceptions in Primary School Science.

Hope it helps in your PSLE Science Preperation

Ahchoo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Ahchoo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:43 am

Hi, I have heard that there is some changes to the Science Syllabus next year but am not sure of the changes. Do anyone know anything about the changes? Thank you.

jacsplace
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by jacsplace » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have the actual graph for question 11 from the Catholic High prelim exam 2014 paper? I have searched online but can't find anything.

TIA

deardear07
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:36

Post by deardear07 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:42 pm

alfretztay wrote:
alfretztay wrote:Hi parents and guardians, I have compiled most of the Q&A - PSLE & P5 Science based on the 2008 syllabus posted on this website and would like to share with all who are interested. If you wish to receive them just send an email to alfretztay@yahoo.com.sg. It is free-of charge!

Note : I would like to place on record here to thank all who have contributed in one way of another here, particularly kiasuparents of course in making this possible. All the best!
I have received some private messages but are unable to read them. Please send an email to alfretztay@yahoo.com.sg instead if you wish to receive them.
Hi Alfred, are you able to receive my email?

chloecube
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by chloecube » Fri May 26, 2017 2:44 pm

thks ljfeng

so in exam, should the student use the Alternative conception or scientific conception?

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:10

Post by Ender » Fri May 26, 2017 6:24 pm

chloecube wrote:thks ljfeng

so in exam, should the student use the Alternative conception or scientific conception?
Chloe,
Looking at ljfeng's attachments, the alternative conceptions are actually the misconceptions of the child, while the scientific conception is the correct explanation.
Take the first one, most student would think that cloud is gaseous state. But the Scientific conception correctly put them as tiny water droplets..
To your question, you would want to use the scientific conception for your exams and studies.

chloecube
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by chloecube » Mon May 29, 2017 8:44 am

tks ender!

ljfeng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ljfeng » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi,

Students should use the scientific conceptions.

I cannot upload pdf. Please download from my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xn40op6xwbsv ... 9.pdf?dl=0

Thank you

Cheers,

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

Post by alfretztay » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:29 am

deardear07 wrote:
alfretztay wrote:
alfretztay wrote:Hi parents and guardians, I have compiled most of the Q&A - PSLE & P5 Science based on the 2008 syllabus posted on this website and would like to share with all who are interested. If you wish to receive them just send an email to alfretztay@yahoo.com.sg. It is free-of charge!

Note : I would like to place on record here to thank all who have contributed in one way of another here, particularly kiasuparents of course in making this possible. All the best!
I have received some private messages but are unable to read them. Please send an email to alfretztay@yahoo.com.sg instead if you wish to receive them.
Hi Alfred, are you able to receive my email?
Hi deardear07, I apologise for the late reply as I believe that I had not receive a prompting link from kiasuparents with regards to your post. I have also not visited this thread for a year or so as I have been concentrating on answering questions posted on P5 and 6 Math. Have you receive the attachments for Q&A - PSLE & P5 Science based on the 2008 syllabus posted on this website?

sunflower2005
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by sunflower2005 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Is it need to revise P3/4 science topics for psle science ?