Re: Q&A - PSLE Science

Post by sky minecrafter » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:10 pm

dsouza
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by dsouza » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi all,

as the results are nearing. some of my queries till unanswered. Son fell sick during MT exam. School HOD says as he already gave part of MT exam Orals, Compo and first couple of questions of Paper 2 the marks will be calculated accordingly. Based on his prelims marks rest will be evaluated and moderated.

Still have some biting worries. What happens during the S1 posting exercise. Will the schools where we opt for see his moderated Tscore or the actual Tscore where child has not completed papers.

If any one knows about this pls. do reply.

Thanks
Last edited by dsouza on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:16

Post by laughingcat » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 am

dsouza wrote:Hi all,

as the results are nearing. some of my queries till unanswered. Son fell sick during MT exam. School HOD says as he already gave part of MT exam Orals, Compo and first couple of questions of Paper 2 the marks will be calculated accordingly. Based on his prelims marks rest will be evaluated and moderated.

Still have some biting worries. What happens during the S1 posting exercise. Will the schools where we opt for see his moderated Tscore or the actual Tscore where child has not completed papers.

If any one knows about this pls. do reply.

Thanks
I remembered hearing from the teacher, you will not be able to see the word “moderated T-score” on result slip

dsouza
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by dsouza » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi laughing cat

Sorry if I was unclear I meant when we do the posting exercise, I was wondering if the secondary school sees the moderated t score or the actual t score result slip. If I am not wrong there should be 2 result slips.

Thanks

Modernbebe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Q&A - Forms of Energy on Ceiling Fan

Post by Modernbebe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Can some one help with this question?

What form (s) of energy do the blades of the ceiling fan possess when the fan is spinning?

Thanks in advance

private
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by private » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:04 pm

Easylife99 wrote:My best friend sends his daughter to this place, The Schooling Society. It is near the top bukit timah schools. Apparently, the ex HOD of Science from Nanyang Primary is there. Should be good coz the NYPS exam papers are by far the best in Sg. The HOD is running a science boot camp this month.Hope this helps.
Strange that the founder nor tutors’ profile are not shared. As I read the home page, this tuition centre is more keen in promoting its “smart board” more than anything else. :laugh:
Make one wonders smart board can really help to improve the grades, A* guaranteed? :evil: who cares about smart board, white board or black board?!
As parents, we are more keen to know about the profile and experience of the tutors.

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:27

Post by sky minecrafter » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 am

Hi, 'have no experience with the Masterclasses or answer sets, just sharing info...

Experimental Techniques
2017 P6 SC Prelim

Zeit
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by Zeit » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:43 pm

private wrote:
Easylife99 wrote:My best friend sends his daughter to this place, The Schooling Society. It is near the top bukit timah schools. Apparently, the ex HOD of Science from Nanyang Primary is there. Should be good coz the NYPS exam papers are by far the best in Sg. The HOD is running a science boot camp this month.Hope this helps.
Strange that the founder nor tutors’ profile are not shared. As I read the home page, this tuition centre is more keen in promoting its “smart board” more than anything else. :laugh:
Make one wonders smart board can really help to improve the grades, A* guaranteed? :evil: who cares about smart board, white board or black board?!
As parents, we are more keen to know about the profile and experience of the tutors.
Because the founder and tutor is Easylife99? hahaha...

Zappy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:18

Post by Zappy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Zeit wrote:
Because the founder and tutor is Easylife99? hahaha...
Haha - u noticed too ... the biggest supporter of this particular tuition centre.