PSLE Chinese - General Discussion

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

PSLE Chinese - General Discussion

Postby millan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am

Moderator's Note: Please use this thread to ask for help on specific questions. Please refrain from out of topic chatter in this thread to make it easier for the community to find the answers they need.

Hi,
Anyone knows where to get the full listing of words that PLSE will cover/ I was told there was a such a list?

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby lizawa » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi millan,

you can actually go to MOE website to look for the syllabus. The chinese one is here :
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/syllabu ... iterature/

There is a 2002 character list, which I don't think is relevant today because there was a change in the chinese text books the past few years. So this year's P6 should be using the new text books and so should not be following the old character list.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tianzhu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:01 pm

lizawa wrote:There is a 2002 character list, which I don't think is relevant today because there was a change in the chinese text books the past few years. So this year's P6 should be using the new text books and so should not be following the old character list.

Hi lizawa

I think the Chinese syllabus for PSLE 2009 is the same as that of 2008.My son is using the same textbooks passed down from my nieces who took their PSLE exams in 2008.
If I am not wrong, those who are in P5 this year are using the new textbooks.

tianzhu
Councillor
Councillor

Postby lizawa » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:39 pm

tianzhu wrote:
lizawa wrote:There is a 2002 character list, which I don't think is relevant today because there was a change in the chinese text books the past few years. So this year's P6 should be using the new text books and so should not be following the old character list.

Hi lizawa

I think the Chinese syllabus for PSLE 2009 is the same as that of 2008.My son is using the same textbooks passed down from my nieces who took their PSLE exams in 2008.

Hi tianzhu.

Yes, sorry, I think you are right. My daughter is P5 and she is the using the new Chinese textbooks.

I probably mixed up with the Science textbooks. Is your son using the new Upper and Lower Block Science textbooks ?

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tianzhu » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 am

lizawa wrote:Is your son using the new Upper and Lower Block Science textbooks ?

Hi lizawa

My son is still using the old Science textbook.So, I think PSLE 2009 Science syllabus is same as PSLE 2008.
Only those in P5 this year are using the new Science syllabus.Simple machines and Solar Systems are not included.

tianzhu
Councillor
Councillor

Postby caroline3sg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 am

tianzhu
what Science text book is your son using?

My girl's sch has been using my pals are here but this yr switch and only purchase 2 topics.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

preparation for PSLE

Postby millan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:21 am

Went for briefing on PSLE last night and whew it is will grilling time for my son by school.

Gotten back his CA results, perform below his std cos he dilly dally, knowing the concepts but lazy to apply.

I am now abit confused on how to 'grill' him on top of his work, but not to let him lose steam due to too much work.

And to pyscho him that P6 is a milestone not a trip.

still trying to figure out... now abt 7 mths to PSLE...

any advice?

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tweet » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 am

tianzhu wrote:

Hi lizawa

Hi
P5 this yr is using the new chinese textbook.There are some changes to the 2010 PSLE EXPRESS Chinese Exam Formats:
FYI:
Paper one (20%):
(1)Composition with a title (Remove the subheading)
(2) Picture Compo (5 pictures with the last box blank & 8 helping words)

Paper Two (45%)
(1) Booklet A (Total 23 Questions)
*Applied language -(10Q)
(includes pinyi,words,phrases,sentences)
*cloze passage (6Q)
*Compre one (A & B Sect) -(7Q MCQ)

(2) Booklet B (18 Questions)
* complete the dialogue (5Q)
*Compre two (A & B Sect) - (13Q open ended)

Paper 3 (35%)
*reading passage
*picture description
*dialogue (based on theme of the picture)

Listening Compre: 5 passages (10 Q)

Hope all have a clearer picture of 2010 PSLE Express chinese

tweet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 am

millan
I am going for PSLE briefing tomorrow (ie for parents).

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby millan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:02 am

caroline3sg wrote:millan
I am going for PSLE briefing tomorrow (ie for parents).
`

Yours is which school?

Basically they will go thru the Exam format, the enrolment basis .. see if the same , mine son's school is South View.

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE