P6 Guide Books

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

P6 Guide Books

Postby jenchee » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:42 am

Hi all mummies,

My son will be in P6 next yr and I would like to buy PSLE English, Math and Science guide book for him. But there are so many guide books around which I do not know which is the best.

Hope to have some suggestion from mummies out there. Thanks.

jenchee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: P6 Guide Books

Postby janet88 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:57 am

jenchee wrote:Hi all mummies,

My son will be in P6 next yr and I would like to buy PSLE English, Math and Science guide book for him. But there are so many guide books around which I do not know which is the best.

Hope to have some suggestion from mummies out there. Thanks.

Hi jenchee,
I bought the English PSLE Revision Guide (published by Marshall Cavendish) as well as the Maths PSLE Revision Guide...up till now, I've yet to seriously go through it. As for Science, I have PSLE Ultimate Science...which I find practical. Although it's thick, my son does refer to it when he has doubts.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby oliveminx » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:35 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:Hi jenchee,
I bought the English PSLE Revision Guide (published by Marshall Cavendish) as well as the Maths PSLE Revision Guide...up till now, I've yet to seriously go through it.

I only use the Science PSLE Revision Guide. Don't find the English and Maths PSLE Revision Guide in that series useful. Too superficial coverage and few practice questions.

oliveminx
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby PiggyLalala » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:21 am

oliveminx wrote:
I bought the English PSLE Revision Guide (published by Marshall Cavendish) as well as the Maths PSLE Revision Guide...up till now, I've yet to seriously go through it.

I only use the Science PSLE Revision Guide. Don't find the English and Maths PSLE Revision Guide in that series useful. Too superficial coverage and few practice questions.

Agree. I also do not find the english and Maths PSLE revision guide useful.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:13 am

HI ladies,
Being a KS mum and newbie to PSLE, I am prone to Popular 'PSLE' promotions...that's how I bought PSLE Math, English and Science :moneyflies: Really lucky I didn't see Chinese or else buy all 4 on impulse. Looking at my mini library of PSLE books, I think I went overboard.

Although I didn't go through the PSLE Eng book in detail, I know practices inside is too little and shallow...ironically that is preparation for PSLE :shrug:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mn » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:32 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:HI ladies,
Being a KS mum and newbie to PSLE, I am prone to Popular 'PSLE' promotions...that's how I bought PSLE Math, English and Science :moneyflies: Really lucky I didn't see Chinese or else buy all 4 on impulse. Looking at my mini library of PSLE books, I think I went overboard.

Although I didn't go through the PSLE Eng book in detail, I know practices inside is too little and shallow...ironically that is preparation for PSLE :shrug:

Janet,

I did get the PSLE English guide book and it is in the book shelf untouched. Will use it in June Holidays. The Science PSLE Ultimate Guide is quite good.

mn
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mn » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:33 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:HI ladies,

Janet,

I did get the PSLE English guide book and it is in the book shelf untouched. Will use it in June Holidays. The Science PSLE Ultimate Guide is quite good.

mn
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sunjewel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 am

Dear all mummies,

My dd is going to sit psle this year till now I cannot find better and affordable tuition for her and I am getting worry about my daughter in order to score well in her PSLE. Therefore could any one of you recommend me any of the tuition centres?
Thank you so much.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

sunjewel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby speedmaths.com » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:29 am

sunjewel wrote:Dear all mummies,

My dd is going to sit psle this year till now I cannot find better and affordable tuition for her and I am getting worry about my daughter in order to score well in her PSLE. Therefore could any one of you recommend me any of the tuition centres?
Thank you so much.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi,

For PSLE Maths, you may wish to consider the one-day Maths Workshops during the March holidays.

Please see:
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 3&start=10

Cheers

Speedmaths.com

speedmaths.com
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby elderflowertea » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:43 pm

oliveminx wrote:

The Science one is useful. The English and Math ones are not. For Math, you can consider getting the Casco Mathematics tutor. It's quite comprehensive.

elderflowertea
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE