HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby kiasu学生 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 am

hi KSP members can any 1 of you know how to give me the BEST rough guage for the following psle marks?(TSCORE, not result/400 x 0:75) thank u :sweat:


1st set:
English: 90
Math:86
Science:80
CL: 90

2nd set:
English: 87
Math:83
SC: 75
CL. 89

How ''rough'' is taking all yr scores /400 times 0.75? what is the gap(mark) difference?(10m gap, 20m gap etc...)

thank you.

kiasu学生
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby lynntan15 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:16 am

Try this website but you need some basic data like Standard Deviation and Mean for each subject.

http://www.post1.net/biow/entry/psle_ag ... tor_online

lynntan15
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby kiasu学生 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 am

lynntan15 wrote:Try this website but you need some basic data like Standard Deviation and Mean for each subject.

http://www.post1.net/biow/entry/psle_ag ... tor_online


thanks for the help lynntan15 :wink: , but to calculate the psle agregate or TSCORE the standard deviation and mean is not known and i dont think it will ever be. but do you know how accurate taking the total/400 x0.75 is, as in, how many marks can your real scr differ by. many thianks. :dancing:

kiasu学生
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby John Tan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:40 am

Hi,

It is a misconception that the maximum aggregate is 300 (Total ÷ 400 X 0.75). In fact, there is no such thing as a maximum aggregate. You can go to this website which provides a full explanation of how the PSLE T-Score is calculated with examples:

http://road-to-psle.blogspot.sg/2007/11 ... s-are.html

John Tan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby lynntan15 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:03 pm

kiasu学生 wrote:do you know how accurate taking the total/400 x0.75 is, as in, how many marks can your real scr differ by. many thianks. :dancing:


Without the mean score, the T-score will never be accurate nor anywhere nearby.

The main indicator is still the mean and how much you deviate from the mean, will determine your PSLE T-Score.

You should be able to get the mean and SD from the report book.

Even so, the PSLE T-Score will still be plus/minus 10 point.. from what i observe.

lynntan15
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 pm
Total Likes: 2



Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby kiasu学生 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 pm

lynntan15 wrote:
kiasu学生 wrote:do you know how accurate taking the total/400 x0.75 is, as in, how many marks can your real scr differ by. many thianks. :dancing:


Without the mean score, the T-score will never be accurate nor anywhere nearby.

The main indicator is still the mean and how much you deviate from the mean, will determine your PSLE T-Score.

You should be able to get the mean and SD from the report book.

Even so, the PSLE T-Score will still be plus/minus 10 point.. from what i observe.



thanks, so u r saying that if I take the x 0.75 formula using myresult/400, the actual psle score can differ byy at most 10m? :)tnx

kiasu学生
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby KiausuLormee » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Is it true that we just plus 10++ above marks in prelim score, we can roughly know how much will be in PSLE T-score.

KiausuLormee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:59 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby KSP » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 pm

lynntan15 wrote:Try this website but you need some basic data like Standard Deviation and Mean for each subject.

http://www.post1.net/biow/entry/psle_ag ... tor_online


if we don't know the Standard Deviation and Mean we can't calculate the the T-Score correctly too.....

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6630
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 10


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby kiasu学生 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 pm

KiausuLormee wrote:Is it true that we just plus 10++ above marks in prelim score, we can roughly know how much will be in PSLE T-score.


:/ how is that possible? the difficulty level, and your marks will differ greatly in PSLE :)

kiasu学生
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: HELP: Psle score rough gauges

Postby kiasu学生 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 pm

KiausuLormee wrote:Is it true that we just plus 10++ above marks in prelim score, we can roughly know how much will be in PSLE T-score.


:/ how is that possible? the difficulty level, and your marks will differ greatly in PSLE :)

kiasu学生
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE