Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Re: At what age should you start to prepare for PSLE

Post by janet88 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:44 am

phtthp wrote:should start preparing for PSLE, after end of P4 SA1
yup, p3 would be a bit early since the kids would have just started science....by the end of p3, they would have learnt 3 themes and have some idea what to expect for open ended questions. it's good to get a strong foundation for math because many can't cope with p5 math.

iamastudent
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by iamastudent » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Actually I think preparation for PSLE involves consistency in work and also constant review of previously taught topics. Though it was years ago when I took my PSLE, I remembered myself really to start preparing for it during P6. Started doing a lot of assessment books and other school papers. I remember myself keeping to the '1page per assessment book' rule everyday so that I even out every part that was tested. I particularly paid attention to my weaker areas(ie synthesis, vocabulary, comprehension close, the water leaking and filling problem in math, electricity in science) and yes I can still clearly remember them. I turned my weaknesses to my 'strengths' because I got so used to it that I know exactly what to do when I encounter the same problem I did in practices I have done. It's hard work and consistently and it worked very well for me.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:57 am

after P5 SA2...it's time to start revising and preparing for PSLE.

dunma
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by dunma » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:28 pm

school teachers are experienced, just follow school, teachers will give a lot of worksheets etc, parents no need to buy extra. just prepare food and weekend activities.

mylulaoshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mylulaoshi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:54 am

Primary 6 year is only 9mths long. Nationwide preparation starts in Pri 5. Students have to gain stable experiences to be PSLE ready. Sensitive students 'Black Out' during actual exam, they lose consciousness/awareness of technique application. I train them to have strong foundation that they secure 'A' even when running a high fever.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by phtthp » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:06 am

once P5 Term 1 start, got to start preparing for Psle, liao.

The key preparatory year lies in P5, because that's where the bulk (or majority) of Psle syllabis topics are taught. Not so much of P6

Once reach P6, not many topics left to cover, except

- (Algebra, Area of Circle, 2 Maths topics) and

- (Food Web chain, Adaptation, Environment / Pollution, 3 Science topics, left)

AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by AnneS » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Introductory courses and foundation should be established during P3 going to P4. The real start of PSLE preparations should commence when they reach P5. But still, let the child live a happy childhood.

mystique_j
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mystique_j » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 pm

If at the end of P3, the child has done well for all subjects, is this a good indicator that he will continue to thrive in upper primary (assuming similar exposure and effort) or it could be back at square 1 especially in P5?

manorway
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by manorway » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 am

mystique_j wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 pm
If at the end of P3, the child has done well for all subjects, is this a good indicator that he will continue to thrive in upper primary (assuming similar exposure and effort) or it could be back at square 1 especially in P5?
No guarantee. A friend's child scored 94% in P3 and 60% in P5 SA2.

manorway
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:5

Post by manorway » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:04 am

mystique_j wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 pm
No guarantee. A friend's child scored 94% in P3 and 60% in P5 SA2.