200-209
No votes
100+
No votes

Total votes : 3

How to study for Chinese?

Postby GDragon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 am

:welcome:
I am having PSLE very soon and I am not very sure on how to study for Chinese :?: ! :?: :scratchhead:
:thankyou:
Last edited by GDragon on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GDragon
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: How to study for Chinese?

Postby Haneyi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Not sure how PSLE score is related to studying for Chinese, but I voted anyway.

If you're taking your PSLE next year, you still have around 10 months to study for it. ^^

It's very important to pay attention during your Chinese lessons, even if it's very boring and you feel like sleeping ( I'm guilty of this ). If you are having trouble focusing, just ask your friend to nudge you once in a while to keep you awake. By paying attention, you will easily get the basics ( eg. how to read this and that, meaning of unfamiliar words etc. ). This helps you to answer MCQ questions ( they're one of the easiest to score actually ) correctly, each are worth 2 marks - you don't want to lose any.

If you do well for the paper, and you score okay marks for your composition ( 27, 28 etc ), chances are you already secured your A. Getting an A for Chinese is quite easy, it is the A* that is hard to get.

For composition, just read and read and read. Reading helps you to build your vocabulary and you will be able to learn more ways to vary your sentence structure. During the composition examination, choose the question that you're 100% sure what they are asking for, and not jump into writing the one you have more knowledge of. Having extra knowledge can help you score some marks, but if you stray away from the main topic too much, you will lose more marks.
- - -
HOW TO study for :

Paper - Read through your textbook, familiarize yourself with the words and phrases. Revise your spelling list, try writing the words that you got wrong before again. It will prevent you from making the same common mistakes.

Composition - Read model compositions, pick out good phrases / sentences, you can memorize but DO NOT rush into putting them in your compos, you might end up using them at the wrong place. Practice writing different beginnings and endings - people remember the FIRST thing they see and the LAST thing they saw. Having a strong beginning will capture the reader's attention and having a strong ending will leave them with a strong impression. :smile:

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

( I apologize for the lengthy post. :sweat: )

Haneyi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

1 people like this post

Re: How to study for Chinese?

Postby GDragon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Haneyi wrote:Not sure how PSLE score is related to studying for Chinese, but I voted anyway.

If you're taking your PSLE next year, you still have around 10 months to study for it. ^^

It's very important to pay attention during your Chinese lessons, even if it's very boring and you feel like sleeping ( I'm guilty of this ). If you are having trouble focusing, just ask your friend to nudge you once in a while to keep you awake. By paying attention, you will easily get the basics ( eg. how to read this and that, meaning of unfamiliar words etc. ). This helps you to answer MCQ questions ( they're one of the easiest to score actually ) correctly, each are worth 2 marks - you don't want to lose any.

If you do well for the paper, and you score okay marks for your composition ( 27, 28 etc ), chances are you already secured your A. Getting an A for Chinese is quite easy, it is the A* that is hard to get.

For composition, just read and read and read. Reading helps you to build your vocabulary and you will be able to learn more ways to vary your sentence structure. During the composition examination, choose the question that you're 100% sure what they are asking for, and not jump into writing the one you have more knowledge of. Having extra knowledge can help you score some marks, but if you stray away from the main topic too much, you will lose more marks.
- - -
HOW TO study for :

Paper - Read through your textbook, familiarize yourself with the words and phrases. Revise your spelling list, try writing the words that you got wrong before again. It will prevent you from making the same common mistakes.

Composition - Read model compositions, pick out good phrases / sentences, you can memorize but DO NOT rush into putting them in your compos, you might end up using them at the wrong place. Practice writing different beginnings and endings - people remember the FIRST thing they see and the LAST thing they saw. Having a strong beginning will capture the reader's attention and having a strong ending will leave them with a strong impression. :smile:

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

( I apologize for the lengthy post. :sweat: )

:goodpost: :thankyou: :udawoman: :udaman: :salute:
yeah it helps :lol:i increased ur reputation :congrats:

GDragon
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE