2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

Which do you think is the hardest paper for PSLE 2016?

English
7%
Mother Tongue
4%
Mathematics
21%
Science
62%
Higher Mother Tongue
6%

Total votes: 202

What The
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:9

Re: 2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

Post by What The » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:43 pm

17-20 Oct

mum02
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mum02 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:44 pm

mum02 wrote:Anyone knows when is PSLE marking days?
But they have to use old tyres instead of new ones because it doesn't make practical sense to use new ones. Strong because it needs to withstand hard knocks. Flexible because it needs to absorb shock. Hard? Can withstand scratches - but scratches not an impt factor

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:75

Post by Pen88n » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:52 pm

mum02 wrote:Anyone knows when is PSLE marking days?
17-20 Oct

4_my_son
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by 4_my_son » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:20 pm

It is not just scratches.. Hard tyres wear down slower... it is an advantage in race with few pit stops.
I have not seen the actual queation but infer from the key words given as posted in this forum. The key words are old tyres, racing and the properties of such tyres..
I find strong acceptable... But if it is alluding to old tyres and in racing, then my choice is hard and flexible.

champion31
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by champion31 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:06 pm

My DD found the science paper tough. When I got home, one of her friends was with her and she said it was tough too. They said the whole P6 level in their school all complained that it's hard. Oh well...we can only hope for the best now. I think this year's PSLE exam setters up the difficulty levels somewhat, especially science and maths.

SuperDadandMum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by SuperDadandMum » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Oct 17-20

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:327

Post by ChiefKiasu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Ender wrote:If there's no gravity , out in space. Your fart will definitely push you in the opposite direction without stopping. You be lost in space. Like what they show in the movie Gravity and The Martian. Little burst of air will propel the astronaut in one direction.
:rotflmao: While I'll accept your theory, in reality, if you fart in space, you will only be doing it within your space suit, which will act to counter the force. So other than the inconvenience of cohabiting with your own stink, I seriously doubt it will make you fly off to the end of space... :wink:

PS. Matt Damon is my hero!

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by James Ang » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:55 pm

The PSLE is over for most of our dear P6 children, go celebrate and have fun :dancing:

Concerndad wrote:
snuggles2009 wrote:Balloon question: my child said kinetic energy makes the balloon move then gravitational pulls it down
Weight/spring question: my child said change to longer spring
Q1 Imho..
The balloon possessed Kinetic Energy to convert into Gravitional Potential Energy. Hence balloon continued to rise even after the balloon was deflated.

Q2. I think it should not be longer spring.

Change the spring into one that has lesser flexibility. So that it can receive a larger elastic spring force of up to 50kg weight limit.

:wink:
Last edited by James Ang on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mascifun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mascifun » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:05 am

First part of the balloon question asked why the rocket toy continued to travel upward despite the balloon being fully deflated.

This was due to the fact that the toy still possessed Kinetic energy at that point of time. Kinetic energy of the air escaping from the balloon was converted to kinetic energy of the toy. The kinetic energy of the toy was then converted to Gravitational Potential energy as the toy moved up. Due to air resistance, some of the kinetic energy is also converted to heat.

Second part of the question asked why the balloon darts around when released. If you make use of the context given in part one, the main difference is that the balloon is no longer encapsulated inside a solid with definite shape. Without the toy rocket holding the balloon in a fixed position, the air escaped from the balloon in different direction, causing it to dart around.

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:10

Post by Ender » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:07 am

James Ang wrote:suggested answer for discussion (due to lack of information on the actual question asked in the exam) is
1) When the air is released from the balloon, a forward force is produced in the direction opposite to the direction of air travel. So the balloon moves in a different direction which is opposite to the direction of air travel.

:
No one has the actual question? You interpret 'different direction' as opposite direction. hence Newtown 3rd law applies.
My 1st impression was it was going in different directions (note pural). Hence aerodynamics of asymmetrical drag force and propulsion is not along the line of the ballon's C.G applies, as it has indefinite shape, and it C.G is shifting all the time. In simple term, "no fix" shape of the ballon applies.