2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

Which do you think is the hardest paper for PSLE 2016?

English
7%
Mother Tongue
4%
Mathematics
21%
Science
62%
Higher Mother Tongue
6%

Total votes: 202

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:10

Re: 2016 PSLE Discussions (Born in 2004)

Post by Ender » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:09 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Ender wrote:If there's no gravity , out in space. Your fart will definitely push you in the opposite direction without stopping. You be lost in space. Like what they show in the movie Gravity and The Martian. Little burst of air will propel the astronaut in one direction.
:rotflmao: While I'll accept your theory, in reality, if you fart in space, you will only be doing it within your space suit, which will act to counter the force. So other than the inconvenience of cohabiting with your own stink, I seriously doubt it will make you fly off to the end of space... :wink:

PS. Matt Damon is my hero!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

mum02
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mum02 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:22 am

4_my_son wrote:It is not just scratches.. Hard tyres wear down slower... it is an advantage in race with few pit stops.
I have not seen the actual queation but infer from the key words given as posted in this forum. The key words are old tyres, racing and the properties of such tyres..
I find strong acceptable... But if it is alluding to old tyres and in racing, then my choice is hard and flexible.
I undstd the qn is re putting tyres by side of the track to cushion impact of collision if any. I am not sure if I undstd correctly. Anyway teacher did say strong n fleck is correct.

Kee Kor
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Kee Kor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:38 am

Personally I would choose strong and flexible but DS chose strong and smooth b'cos he said the question mentioned worn-off tires :scared: jialat

4_my_son
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by 4_my_son » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:56 am

If it is used as shock absorber, then answer is strong and flexible.

ilovelaksa
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:22

Post by ilovelaksa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:48 am

So interesting. Dd2 class whatsapp grp had more than 1000 msgs ystd. Will be higher today aft HMT. Prior to that, ZERO. Mostly about meetg up to play sports, making crafts, thoughts about tv programmes, going for outings with family etc. One boy has even volunteered to tutor his younger sibling for SA2.
Ah life for our young 'uns shld be like this, building relationships, new experiences.
Dd2 is so excited! Still got HMT paper today.

Concerndad
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by Concerndad » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:54 am

Dear parents and children. Good morning! :imcool:
Last Day of PSLE.! :rahrah: :imcool:
Time for a good good rest and bonding with your love ones.. :grphug:
Hope all the best for your children's results.

To Janet88.. thank you for this thread.. thank you (and many others too) for detailing your struggles, thoughts, action plans with your darlings..(time to time over the last few years, I have read this thread). May your precious Daughter receives her desired results..

timtim
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by timtim » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:09 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
reddiechan wrote:I think the balloon is possessed.
:rotflmao: Good one.

Does anyone even know what the question is? Did the question asked "why the balloon move in different direction when air is released?" or "why the balloon move in opposite direction?". If so, the question is obviously referring to Newton's 3rd Law, which I didn't know would be tested at the Primary school level. I'm not even sure how to use kinetic energy or gravitational energy to explain that strange movement.
This qn is pretty tough even for adults...I am stunned and answerless though I myself a U grad...LOL.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:140

Post by janet88 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:12 am

Concerndad wrote:To Janet88.. thank you for this thread.. thank you (and many others too) for detailing your struggles, thoughts, action plans with your darlings..(time to time over the last few years, I have read this thread). May your precious Daughter receives her desired results..
hi concerndad,
it's my pleasure. thank you for your kind wishes.
it's been a rough 10 months for many of us this year.

timtim
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by timtim » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:48 am

Yeh!!! By 11.35am, PSLE will be officially over!!! Though it was over for most LOL. Looking forward to our Australia trip next week! :imcool: :boogie:

passioninlearning
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:4

Post by passioninlearning » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:10 am

Advance well wishes for students who will be bringing this milestone to a closure by mid-day!

Regards,
Eric
passioninlearning.wordpress.com