No votes
Chinese composition
No votes
oral
10%

Total votes : 10

PSLE subjects

Postby GDragon » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 pm

What subjects should a student focus on in PSLE? Like what subject should they spend the most time on? :?:
Should it be...

The subject they are weak at? :gloomy:

The subject they are strong at? :boogie:

The subject that needs the most amount of time to study (e.g Science) :shrug:

OTHERS? :?

pls share :pray:

GDragon
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: PSLE subjects

Postby Haneyi » Wed May 01, 2013 10:36 pm

The student should spent the most time on the subject(s) that he/she is weak in. The student should start working on the languages early before PSLE if he/she has problems with them as those subjects are not just about memorizing and practicing.

Haneyi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: PSLE subjects

Postby JohnYeo » Sun May 05, 2013 9:27 am

Hmmm....it really depends...

If the child focuses on the weak subject using not a very effective strategy, it drains the child...and it takes up a lot of time...

I feel a child should focus on a weak subject by focusing on finding and discovering what can work well for the child so that studying is not just effective but it becomes fun and the child improves...

If studying strong subjects (which I assume the children already feel good about it and like it), gives the child energy and revitalise the child and it becomes fun to study...

So it really depends...

I know of some parents who choose to focus on the weak subjects and very clueless of what to do and end up sour the relationship between the parent and child...so it does come wtih a price in some sense.

My 2 cents,
John

JohnYeo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE