Help your child ace his oral examination

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

Help your child ace his oral examination

Postby PaperPotatoStudio » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Oral examinations are drawing near. Most parents and students are clueless on how to prepare for the test. By requests from parents, I have written an informative article on the test objective, grading system and ways to prepare your child for it.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/ace-psle-oral

Hope it helps! Please do feel free to leave your enquiries under the comment section and I will reply as soon as I can.

Sincerely,
Miss D
Educator at The Paper Potato Studio

PaperPotatoStudio
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Help your child ace his oral examination

Postby PoohBearPlusHelloKitty » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Miss D, :udawoman:

I hope you can help :cry:

PSLE oral in on this Friday 16th August 2013, :frustrated: the school's oral exam has just ended and the teacher commented that my child does not have creativity in English oral conversation. :nunchuk: My child need to improve this area. :sweat: I know But how?? :yikes: :slapshead:

PoohBearPlusHelloKitty
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Help your child ace his oral examination

Postby PaperPotatoStudio » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 am

Dear PoohBearPlusHel...,

I believe what the teacher was trying to say is that he needs to improve on his vocabulary to express his thoughts better and be exposed to more general knowledge in order to relate the topics to real-life situations.

What you can do is encourage him to read more story books, reader's digest and newspapers. Have him start taking interest in them by selecting topics he enjoys such as sports or cars. Have him tell you one particular word or phrase that caught his attention and work together in creating a sentence with it.
You can make it a family affair by discussing on a related news or television topic over dinner and encourage him to speak up more.

Such skills take time and constant encouragement. When a child feels that he is being listened to, he will gain the confidence and independence to express himself better.

Subsequently, you can consider enrolling him into our Public Speaking Course to train his presentation skills.

Hope my tips help!

Sincerely,
Miss D
Co-founder of The Paper Potato Studio

PaperPotatoStudio
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE