LEARNConcierge

Better and Fairer Scheduling for PSLE 2013 Oral Exams?

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

Re: Better and Fairer Scheduling for PSLE 2013 Oral Exams?

Postby mummyscopio » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Goodluck8 wrote:Nothing is fair in this world. Every sttudents will have different invigilators. Some invigilators are actually not language teachers. My DD PE teacher is also one of the invigilator today. So If your DC get a invigilator who is a language teacher, will it be more disadvantage?

Are you sure when you made this comment??

as far as i know... ALL teachers deployed to be oral invigilators are trained teachers who have been through hours of workshops and standardization seminars year after year, every year as long as they are deployed.

btw, PE teachers can be language trained too......

mummyscopio
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ProudOfMyKids » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 am

on the topic of the psle chinese oral, anyone realized that in the lower primary sports carnival picture discussion, the wordings of the banner were in English? does this make sense at all? shouldn't the words be in chinese, ie words in English defeating the purpose of a chinese oral? I was also wondering if this is also a trick question, why not primary school sports day? are students supposed to differentiate between lower and upper primary? would marks be deducted if one doesn't make the distinction? now, parents, try translating the banner word for word into chinese, how should lower primary be translated into chinese?

ProudOfMyKids
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 am

ProudOfMyKids wrote:on the topic of the psle chinese oral, anyone realized that in the lower primary sports carnival picture discussion, the wordings of the banner were in English? does this make sense at all? shouldn't the words be in chinese, ie words in English defeating the purpose of a chinese oral? I was also wondering if this is also a trick question, why not primary school sports day? are students supposed to differentiate between lower and upper primary? would marks be deducted if one doesn't make the distinction? now, parents, try translating the banner word for word into chinese, how should lower primary be translated into chinese?

As I remember it, all banners in Chinese picture description are in English all this while.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yip33 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:27 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
ProudOfMyKids wrote:on the topic of the psle chinese oral, anyone realized that in the lower primary sports carnival picture discussion, the wordings of the banner were in English? does this make sense at all? shouldn't the words be in chinese, ie words in English defeating the purpose of a chinese oral? I was also wondering if this is also a trick question, why not primary school sports day? are students supposed to differentiate between lower and upper primary? would marks be deducted if one doesn't make the distinction? now, parents, try translating the banner word for word into chinese, how should lower primary be translated into chinese?

As I remember it, all banners in Chinese picture description are in English all this while.

I believe this is to test if the students know how to translate English to their mother tongue.

As for the S1 and S2, I don't believe it is unfair. MOE does not want the info on the oral pictures to be leaked out, so that it's fairer.

And as for the sleep thing, the S1 students would just have to be responsible and sleep early.

Plus, S1 pupils do not have to worry so much compared to S2 students, as they can get the oral over and done with.

So, I believe that there are pros and cons on both sides. I myself was an S1 student this year, and it's not that bad. You get to revise in school when you couldn't revise at home much because of sibling's noise.

yip33
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Jovialcho » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Be positive regardless if which ..... If child is capable, anything is possible

Jovialcho
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Previous

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE

LEARNConcierge