What to write for a commedation letter of a teacher?

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

What to write for a commedation letter of a teacher?

Postby concerned1970 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:07 am

Morning guys, can someone guide me what to write in the letter? Greatly appreciated.

concerned1970
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: What to write for a commedation letter of a teacher?

Postby hquek » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 am

Hi, I sent an email to the P and cc the tr, setting out I wanna thank the tr and also outlining what I felt she has done well. Simple email is ok. Tr will be happy. After this round, I plan on keeping it up cos seems they really like that.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby concerned1970 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:27 pm

hquek wrote:Hi, I sent an email to the P and cc the tr, setting out I wanna thank the tr and also outlining what I felt she has done well. Simple email is ok. Tr will be happy. After this round, I plan on keeping it up cos seems they really like that.

Tysm. I hv nvr written a letter, do u still kp a draft of yr letter? Or can u shw me an example of the letter? My english is nt gd, duno hw to start n end so need yr help. Ty!

concerned1970
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hquek » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Ey..hard le. How to commend when I dont know what the tr do that made u so touched?

Dear P,

I would like to commend tr (name) of class () ....then go on tonwrite some examples (not sure if required but I like pp to know what touched me to write such a letter.)

I think as long as it is sincere and come from heart, dont worry about english. I am sure thevtr will be happy to see a nice letter. :)

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby hquek » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Some og the examples I cited where tr taught the kids a lot and it was well received, where tr showed kids some ways of working a problem that simplified for them and I could impart that to other kids, or where tr show care and concern. I can only share what my kids tell me, cannot imagine and make up stories.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby concerned1970 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:02 pm

hquek wrote:Some og the examples I cited where tr taught the kids a lot and it was well received, where tr showed kids some ways of working a problem that simplified for them and I could impart that to other kids, or where tr show care and concern. I can only share what my kids tell me, cannot imagine and make up stories.

Oh ok ty ty. What a coincidence, my ds' teacher asked me to email her the commendation tmr. Headache, she makes me feel stress at times. Btw, wat shld I write under SUBJECT of the letter? commendation letter to that teacher?
Last edited by concerned1970 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

concerned1970
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby milkbun » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:52 pm

concerned1970 wrote:
hquek wrote:Some og the examples I cited where tr taught the kids a lot and it was well received, where tr showed kids some ways of working a problem that simplified for them and I could impart that to other kids, or where tr show care and concern. I can only share what my kids tell me, cannot imagine and make up stories.

Oh ok ty ty. What a coincidence, my ds' teacher asked me to email her the commendation tmr. Headache, she makes me feel stress at times.

hm...why is she in such a hurry to get it?

milkbun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby concerned1970 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:01 am

milkbun wrote:
concerned1970 wrote:

Oh ok ty ty. What a coincidence, my ds' teacher asked me to email her the commendation tmr. Headache, she makes me feel stress at times.

hm...why is she in such a hurry to get it?

No idea too maybe becos it's last day of his sch. My ds is p6 this yr.

concerned1970
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hquek » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:27 am

har? u mean the tr solicited? emmmm. if tr had to ask for it, i wil find it v strange. mine was initiated by me. tr didnt know until she saw the email.

anyway, i think this should come from the heart. if got nothing, i wont send.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jetsetter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 am

Dun bother. Most likely tcr is thinking of quitting soon, so goes round compiling testimonials for future flaunting.

Why write letter before psle results are out? Dun write until good results are attained.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE