Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

To take unpaid leave in P5 or P6 for PSLE ?

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE

Re: To take unpaid leave in P5 or P6 for PSLE ?

Postby chubby08 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:53 pm

ctrlaltdel wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:p5 would be more appropriate to take NPL to plan and coach. if there are any hiccups, there is still time. p6 would be a super packed 9 months. p5 is also a year new topics are introduced and there is a steep learning curve. manage p5 well so that p6 will not be so stressful.

Yes I fully agree with you. That's why i suggest p5 to my boss. But she does not understand the rationale and feels that I am very KS. In fact, she told me that I will drive my son crazy if I stay at home to coach him. :siao:

I don know whether is ur boss married with kids. Normally, i felt that those without kids won't understand the problems we with Kids going through. Not that we are KS, we just want to prepare our kid early so that he/ she won't feel the stress when the exam date are nearby.

chubby08
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ctrlaltdel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:58 pm

chubby08 wrote:I don know whether is ur boss married with kids. Normally, i felt that those without kids won't understand the problems we with Kids going through. Not that we are KS, we just want to prepare our kid early so that he/ she won't feel the stress when the exam date are nearby.

Yes, she is a mother of two. But her kids are all grown up and studying in university. I expected her to understand my situation more but :siam:

ctrlaltdel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby JJ1111 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Different people has different view. I have a colleague who are very hand off with regards to her kid educations. She said can pass can liao. Her son is in Poly now.

IMHO, as long as we feel we are doing the RIGHT thing for our child can already. Ignore what other say or feel. :p I don't expect all to agree on what I have done to my kids. :) Or how I educate my kids. :p

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ilucky » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:45 pm

i would suggest spend time with kids during holiday - June holiday and year end holiday. Coach them in these 3 months makes a lot difference.

For my kids, it is ok they don't go for tuition, don't do extra homework during school hours, but usually study at least two hours daily during holiday. So far so good academically.

ilucky
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MomDana » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:56 pm

My sacrifices of quiting my job to be with DS for P5 & P6 finally paid off. He did above our expectation getting 4As in all his subjects although he cannot get into his "dream school" but he definitely qualify for his second choice.

DS is a wild card average boy and his sch term exams were like stock mkt ~ up and down. So DH and I agreed that I have to be with him to push and guide him; making sure he goes for his tuitions and practice his assement papers regularly and diligently. I had even drawn up a timeline to show him a bigger and clearer picture to track the count down to psle deadline.We make sure he knows we are with him all the way.

It was such a moment of reward to see his eyes beam and twinkle when he turned and smile at us. We know we have done the right things and there is no regrets.... = )

MomDana
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

2 people like this post

Postby ctrlaltdel » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:00 pm

MomDana wrote:My sacrifices of quiting my job to be with DS for P5 & P6 finally paid off. He did above our expectation getting 4As in all his subjects although he cannot get into his "dream school" but he definitely qualify for his second choice.

DS is a wild card average boy and his sch term exams were like stock mkt ~ up and down. So DH and I agreed that I have to be with him to push and guide him; making sure he goes for his tuitions and practice his assement papers regularly and diligently. I had even drawn up a timeline to show him a bigger and clearer picture to track the count down to psle deadline.We make sure he knows we are with him all the way.

It was such a moment of reward to see his eyes beam and twinkle when he turned and smile at us. We know we have done the right things and there is no regrets.... = )

:udawoman: :congrats:

ctrlaltdel
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mwchua » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:57 pm

MomDana wrote:My sacrifices of quiting my job to be with DS for P5 & P6 finally paid off. He did above our expectation getting 4As in all his subjects although he cannot get into his "dream school" but he definitely qualify for his second choice.

Congrats!!!!

You have reaffirmed my intention to quit, but also with the mental preparation that her result may or may not shine with my quitting.

Mine is also a super wild card...

mwchua
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MomDana » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Wild card is very hard to manage. That is the main reason for I rather quit and work with him. It was not a smooth and easy route. P5 was spent getting him use to a regular routine to sit down and practice papers. The were rebellious moments, talk back and heartaches. He doesn't see why he has to stick to the schedule and learning time management.

By P6...somehow he accepted his routines :sweat: ,school homework..tuition execrises and then practice assessment paper on his own without much :nunchuk: especially when he realized his exam results still going up and down..he begins to realize the seriousness of the potential outcome if he doesn't put in his efforts

Then last 3 mths..last burst of fire...stop all gaming and watching tv.....occasionally can hear him whine :sad: but I just gave him the :skeptical: look...sometime having a parent to watch over you seem comforting and yet nagging (that how he find me but yeah that's part of a mother's job :please: )

But now he just gave me :kiss: and a big :thankyou: all my heartaches and frustration were gone... Even if he did not do well I honestly know I will not regret because I was there with him on his journey.. :celebrate:

MomDana
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby janet88 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:32 am

MomDana wrote:It was such a moment of reward to see his eyes beam and twinkle when he turned and smile at us. We know we have done the right things and there is no regrets.... = )

it must have such a sweet moment...congrats!

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:34 pm

It was such a moment of reward to see his eyes beam and twinkle when he turned and smile at us. We know we have done the right

things and there is no regrets.... = )

MamaDana, you had done a worthwhile effort, I am sure you taught him to discover his strengths n weakness over these days . And to learn resilient , this is important aspect in our children life long journey.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Primary 6 & PSLE

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres