2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
tryourbest
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:10

Re: 2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Post by tryourbest » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:00 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:27 pm
tryourbest wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:52 pm
hi, for children who is attempting top sch past yr exam papers, may I know ard what score is then consider a 'safe score' to do well for psle ? dd frm neighbourhood sch so I hv no idea how top sch students fare for these papers. as I read that some schs set the prelim so tough that some kids failed etc. how do these kids go on to do in psle?
my dc for maths is unable to answer quite a number of paper 2 questions from these papers, is it common or are yr children all able to solve all these problem sums? for English, a lot of vocab seems foreign to her. she will anyhow guess n put the answer. actually I myself smtimes also dun understand the meaning of the words n unable to solve the problem sums. :oops:
your dd is attempting prelim papers now :sweat:
no la mrskiasu, she's doing sa1 papers now. struggling to finish the stack of papers ...everyday like not enough time.
prelim papers wait till after sa1

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:32

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:26 pm

tryourbest wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:00 pm
MrsKiasu wrote:
tryourbest wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:52 pm
hi, for children who is attempting top sch past yr exam papers, may I know ard what score is then consider a 'safe score' to do well for psle ? dd frm neighbourhood sch so I hv no idea how top sch students fare for these papers. as I read that some schs set the prelim so tough that some kids failed etc. how do these kids go on to do in psle?
my dc for maths is unable to answer quite a number of paper 2 questions from these papers, is it common or are yr children all able to solve all these problem sums? for English, a lot of vocab seems foreign to her. she will anyhow guess n put the answer. actually I myself smtimes also dun understand the meaning of the words n unable to solve the problem sums. :oops:
no la mrskiasu, she's doing sa1 papers now. struggling to finish the stack of papers ...everyday like not enough time.
me too targeting prelim after sa1 but dunno if could do that..on the Sa1 Math papers dd tried Taonan and Mahabodhi (edit to add: I think so la as I had thrown the papers) she can only get mostly correct when doing correction..first attempt abt 70s? I think, I know jialat..she has not done the so called revision, anyway I dont think there is time to do too..
Last edited by MrsKiasu on Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:43 pm

double

tryourbest
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by tryourbest » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:26 pm
tryourbest wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:

me too targeting prelim after sa1 but dunno if could do that..on the Sa1 Math papers dd tried Taonan and Mahabodhi, she can only get mostly correct when doing correction..first attempt abt 70s? I think, I know jialat..she has not done the so called revision, anyway I dont think there is time to do too..
my dc attempted st nicks / MGS pps get around 80ish but on the other hand, some other schs she can actualli fail or just pass.. .drastic difference :shrug:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 pm

tryourbest wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 pm
MrsKiasu wrote:
tryourbest wrote:

me too targeting prelim after sa1 but dunno if could do that..on the Sa1 Math papers dd tried Taonan and Mahabodhi, she can only get mostly correct when doing correction..first attempt abt 70s? I think, I know jialat..she has not done the so called revision, anyway I dont think there is time to do too..
my dc attempted st nicks / MGS pps get around 80ish but on the other hand, some other schs she can actualli fail or just pass.. .drastic difference :shrug:
80s is good to me..om, maybe I get dd try these 2 papers next round..which schools are that..pass/fail? you mean like nyps?

tryourbest
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by tryourbest » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:55 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:50 pm
tryourbest wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 pm
MrsKiasu wrote:

80s is good to me..om, maybe I get dd try these 2 papers next round..which schools are that..pass/fail? you mean like nyps?

tink so? maybe rosyth too. cant remember, sorrie. actually even for same schools different year papers. her results also can be very different

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Do you think it is mainly due to careless mistakes?

Bochapmum3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Bochapmum3 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Mine ah, for Maths paper 2, can have 5-6 questions wrong, some careless, some don’t know... v stressful to do maths:(

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:02 pm

I also dont know how to help..I just tell dd in order not to waste time, dont spend too much time when doing the correction ie to tell me which one cant do then I try to do it for her at night or what..for this round as havent attempt enough papers so I m always waiting...but frankly speaking some that she knows I still dunno, but in order to help, I will try my best for those she really dont know..last resort is to seek help through ksp Q&A lor..

tryourbest
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by tryourbest » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:10 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:57 pm
Do you think it is mainly due to careless mistakes?
nope, is really dunno how to do :cry: