2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Academic support for Primary 6 and PSLE
MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Re: 2019 PSLE Discussions and Strategies (Children born in 2007)

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:13 am

MerlionInGermany wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:04 am
MrsKiasu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:28 am
I think the results is on a piece open, unsealed paper?
Ours was a piece of paper, no need to open. If you drop it on the floor and it faces upward, everyone can see.
now we know what to look for first haha..

MerlionInGermany
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:19

Post by MerlionInGermany » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:13 am
MerlionInGermany wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:
Ours was a piece of paper, no need to open. If you drop it on the floor and it faces upward, everyone can see.
now we know what to look for first haha..
Yup! But maybe some others get it in a perforated envelope, not sure. Always amusing to read ksp.
Ours is def a just piece of paper. Very thin. And the PSLE cert is coloured, thicker, and also open. You drop that on the floor and all can see your stars if it lands facing up. And you hope no one steps on it accidentally :lol:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by phtthp » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 am

MerlionInGermany wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:
Then make sure dont anyhow drop onto the floor. Got star, no star, everyone can see lor

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:31

Post by jedamum » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:22 am

phtthp wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:17 am
jedamum wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:14 am
Bochapmum3 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:25 pm
Anyone thinking of only asking the daddy accompany child? Usually they are the calmer ones right? From dc’s feedback, already know that cannot expect too much. Yet, what if it is much worse than expected..? How should we react?
I didn't accompany ds1 during his results release. Because i didn't want my instant reaction to affect him. The dad updated me and i adjusted my moods as essentially this milestone was reached and time to move on. So for ds2, only his dad went with him too. I met up with them later at the restaurant for celebration. (both dsa-ed)
Hi Jedamum,

For your 2 sons last time, since already accepted DSA offer, the school already been fixed, can't change. Regardless how the results turn out, already got a Secondary school allocated (been set) for your sons. Already know which school they are going to, can't change

Hi phtthp,
Because i know myself too well. I am a worry-wart. What if the results fall below cop, will my kids cope? Or, instead of accepting dsa should have gone to XXX school based on T score etc. Even if the results were very good, my elation, will it stress them that i emphasise on academics too much and they start thinking i link them only to academics achievement? If the elder one was expected to do very well based on his prelims and school performance, what if he slipped? My first reaction will affect him a lot. And since i didn't attend ds1 session, i should be fair and didnt attend ds2 too. Also, the anticipation of the results release time, time will slow to a crawl, my stomach will turn.
And also because sec school assigned is already made known, i shouldn't react too much to the results, right? Also instead of worrying about how i will feel or react, they can focus on how they feel, the general excited atmosphere and focus just on themselves at that moment.

The daddy did great by explaining to them this is just a milestone stage to go through and move on. They will move forward into the future and carry this experience as a benchmark that results release should not matter as much.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:31

Post by jedamum » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:28 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am
Bochapmum3 wrote:
Anyone thinking of only asking the daddy accompany child? Usually they are the calmer ones right? From dc’s feedback, already know that cannot expect too much. Yet, what if it is much worse than expected..? How should we react?
If we think we cannot remain calm/unable to mask disappointment, imho better not tag along.. if we feel sad I believe our kid will be same and more than us coz it is them who put in all the efforts. Maybe like sembgal says, better lower our expectations? I will try to talk to dd too.. good or no good results just do a small celebration with them, if possible?.. Before the weekend, I proposed to order a cake for this Thurs but dd dont seem to take it seriously..maybe just bring her out to eat something she likes on that day then..
My boys like to ask me to guess their marks.
If i guess too high, they may feel they don't match up. If i lower my expectations, they will say i don't believe in their capabilities and think they are lousy.
They don't do that to their dad. So the dad will whatsapp me their results before we meet up. :sweat:
But it is just me. Some parents i know who couldn't attend, had hope they were there for this shared experience in this stage of life. For me, i chose to sit out.

Kialoukui
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Kialoukui » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:37 am

phtthp wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 am
Kialoukui wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:02 am

Very true.
Tons of effort put into the 3 digits number.
Don't know how true is it, hearsay (rumor) that one school had started compiling Psle statistics, not wait until this Thurs (21 Nov) morning so late, then start to compile. Today is already Tuesday (19 nov)
I believe schools already know the results by today so they have time to compile PowerPoint slides for Thursday.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:37 am

jedamum wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:28 am
MrsKiasu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:15 am
Bochapmum3 wrote:
If we think we cannot remain calm/unable to mask disappointment, imho better not tag along.. if we feel sad I believe our kid will be same and more than us coz it is them who put in all the efforts. Maybe like sembgal says, better lower our expectations? I will try to talk to dd too.. good or no good results just do a small celebration with them, if possible?.. Before the weekend, I proposed to order a cake for this Thurs but dd dont seem to take it seriously..maybe just bring her out to eat something she likes on that day then..
My boys like to ask me to guess their marks.
If i guess too high, they may feel they don't match up. If i lower my expectations, they will say i don't believe in their capabilities and think they are lousy.
They don't do that to their dad. So the dad will whatsapp me their results before we meet up. :sweat:
But it is just me. Some parents i know who couldn't attend, had hope they were there for this shared experience in this stage of life. For me, i chose to sit out.
on the guessing, I will try not to guess..say too high, feel they kinda testing your expectations and will feel deflated and if say too low, they say see them no up :lol: my gals if bad, will always say 不可以吗? mama will always say..oh, 可以 :razz:

whitecarrotcake
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by whitecarrotcake » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:43 am

As my elder one did v well for psle, the younger one is feeling it. I hope regardless of results, she will take it well. Sometimes parents are cool about it but the kids are not.

Dino
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by Dino » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:46 am

Feeling kan cheong now. On one hand, reading the forum here kind of fuel it, on the other hand, there is the urge to see what was being said here..... haha

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:51 am

I thought I m not so ganjiong..but talk so much, shows ganjiong also :lol: as dh says all fixed le.. so next steps ksp here will be busy talking abt COP for this year up or down haha.